Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes to PenFed Amex

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Changes to PenFed Amex

@Anonymous wrote:

I doubt the travel credit will remain. The letter states that more details about benefits and rewards will "come soon".

No Visa Signature card has airline incidental credit as far as I know, only Visa Infinite and that one has an annual fee.

@Anonymous, the Bank of America Premium Rewards has the $100 incidental credit as far as Visa Signature goes. 

Message 51 of 83
MachoHombre
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous, the Bank of America Premium Rewards has the $100 incidental credit as far as Visa Signature goes. 

Yes, and IMO a great card, I prize mine.   But it has a $100 yearly fee which the PenFed does not.

||
Message 52 of 83
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the Pathfinder Amex, but I also had the much older Premium Travel Rewards Amex (5 points/$ on airfare, equivalent to 4.25% cash back on airfare).  So, today I got two letters telling me I was getting new Pathfinder Visas.  The Pathfinder Amex -> Visa letter was identical to the one posted above.  The Premium Travel Rewards -> Pathfinder letter was slightly different:

More Rewards

* Earn 3x on all travel-related purchases [down from 5x on airfare, up from 1x on all other travel]

* Honors Advantage [veterans or checking account users] get 4x

* 1.5x on all other purchases [up from 1x on everything]

The same improved lounge access section [the current card required annual spend; I never paid much attention to this benefit because I have a CSR]

Better Travel Benefits

* $100 air travel credit [Pathfinder benefit, an upgrade from the existing Amex]

* GE or Precheck credit

* "Additional travel-friendly features not on current card"

The same "Increased-Value Added Benefits" section

The main thing is that you lose 5x on airfare, but gain $100 air travel and the GE/Pre credit.  I'm not sure I like having two pathfinders, but maybe I'll just give lots of people the gift of global entry...

Message 53 of 83
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mixed feelings on this one. American Express won't touch me due to my history with them, and I liked having an Amex card in my wallet (particularly for any Amex ticket presales.)

However the more universal acceptance of Visa will be particularly helpful when traveling overseas.

Although, I got an $18k CLI (from $7k to $25k) on this card yesterday, so that certainly makes this news a bit easier to take. Smiley Wink

Message 54 of 83
Buckwheat2U
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Mixed feelings on this one. American Express won't touch me due to my history with them, and I liked having an Amex card in my wallet (particularly for any Amex ticket presales.)

However the more universal acceptance of Visa will be particularly helpful when traveling overseas.

Although, I got an $18k CLI (from $7k to $25k) on this card yesterday, so that certainly makes this news a bit easier to take. Smiley Wink

Congrats on the monster CLI.  Was it an auto CLI or did you request resulting in a HP?

As of 7/26/2020

Amazon-Prime-Store-Card
Message 55 of 83
MachoHombre
Regular Contributor

DOC is saying this ...which I'm not sure we can take as gospel, but probably validation of what we're assuming here.

pathfinder.JPG

Direct Link   

||
Message 56 of 83
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Buckwheat2U wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on the monster CLI.  Was it an auto CLI or did you request resulting in a HP?

Requested and HP'd

(Note: if you also bank at NFCU, there are lots of reports of requested CLIs being SP lately. I got + $8k on my Platinum a few weeks back.)

Message 57 of 83
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Buckwheat2U wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Requested and HP'd

(Note: if you also bank at NFCU, there are lots of reports of requested CLIs being SP lately. I got + $8k on my Platinum a few weeks back.)

Where did you read the bolded from or seen it from?  Auto CLI or ones requested?  I certainly bank with them, but havent seen/heard such a thing, but admit I have been extremely busy with real life and havent went through all the PenFed new recently on the forum

Message 58 of 83
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Buckwheat2U wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Requested and HP'd

Where did you read the bolded from or seen it from?  Auto CLI or ones requested?  I certainly bank with them, but havent seen/heard such a thing, but admit I have been extremely busy with real life and havent went through all the PenFed new recently on the forum

Hey @CreditCuriosity, follow the link below.  I was able to get the max overall exposure on the 2 remaining CCs (shy of $200) m8 Smiley Tongue

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/NFCU-is-no-longer-Hard-Pull-Happy/td-p/5852339

Ok, now back to the main PenFed topic 😊

Message 59 of 83
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Buckwheat2U wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Requested and HP'd

@CreditCuriosity

Here are a couple of the threads:

These were for requested CLI's with Navy where folks never received an HP.
Message 60 of 83
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.