Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing from PIF Before Statement to After Statement Cut

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Changing from PIF Before Statement to After Statement Cut

@Dmessina666 wrote:

Funny you post this. I just posted about AZEO and PIF. IMO, lenders want to see balances report. I've always PIF before statement cuts, and I switched up literally last week. I'll let you know how my scores react. I'm going from AZEO to letting 8/13 accounts report a balance. No crazy amounts, and it won't hurt me utilization wise since I'm at 6% aggregate right now. 

I honestly think it's going to improve my scores, and also up my chances of getting CLI's easier and more often. I guess we'll see. Good luck

I've always let my balances report, and after an aged profile with no negatives, it certainly doesn't hurt me. I even have a card reporting at 57% utilization and my scores are still well above 800. Of course its profile dependent and overall utilization is a big factor, but I never worry about what size balance reports. If you are not at this point yet, you will be over time.

Message 21 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dmessina666 Ok I'd love an update. Smiley Wink

I left a 300ish balance on my Apple Card as well as reporting a balance with Chase. Small steps haha. My main thing is making sudden changes by switching to PIF after the statement spooking the lenders.

Message 22 of 24
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I left a 300ish balance on my Apple Card as well as reporting a balance with Chase. Small steps haha. My main thing is making sudden changes by switching to PIF after the statement spooking the lenders.

With your cards and lenders, allowing regular usage balances to report isn't going to spook them. 

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 23 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NRB525 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

With your cards and lenders, allowing regular usage balances to report isn't going to spook them. 

Was going to say with OPs overall CLs, reporting balances won't hurt, even if one or two cards report over 1K at the same time.

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.