cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chapter 7 Removed!!! So I saw a little jump in my scores...Curious about non bakruptcy cards now

tag
vollybal
Regular Contributor

Chapter 7 Removed!!! So I saw a little jump in my scores...Curious about non bakruptcy cards now

Hey all,

So I just ran my annual credit reports and noticed that my chapter 7 has fallen off my three CRs. A month early nonetheless!! I saw a 15 point increase and it is now over the 600 mark. What I am curious about now is would discover and citi look at me now that I do not have a bankruptcy on my CRs?

I really would like to grab a prime card sometime soon so any help would be great!!!

Thanks!!!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Chapter 7 Removed!!! So I saw a little jump in my scores...Curious about non bakruptcy cards now

What do you currently have??

10 years after BK and you just popped up over 600 when it fell off? you have any new baddis since filing bk?

Message 2 of 4
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Re: Chapter 7 Removed!!! So I saw a little jump in my scores...Curious about non bakruptcy cards now

Just over 600 isn't going to cut it for Discover and Citi.  Just as big of an issue is whatever is causing your score to be so low.  You are a good ways away from a prime card.  Discover is going to be in the 680 ballpark with Citi looking for closer to 700.

Message 3 of 4
lithium78
Established Contributor

I was approved for a Discover More with a 650 EQ.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.