Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge off Discover card

tag
razzy116
Established Contributor

Charge off Discover card

Not sure if this is where i post this question. Will Discover let me back in once i pay the charge off with them? Any advice would be appreciated.Thank you and stay safe every one

Starting Score: 663
Current Score: c669
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Charge off Discover card

In time, probably.

Did you pay them back eventually?

If you did, 2-5 years on average.

If you did not, maybe some day. 

Also, if you did not pay them, and you're still within SOL, I'd watch for any communication referencing legal action. Discover can and will file a lawsuit in an attempt to recover whatever they can. 

Message 2 of 6
razzy116
Established Contributor

The discover card charge off was for 1700 i paid 400 yesterday going to pay more in a couple of days. Thank you.

Message 3 of 6
DemonHusker
Regular Contributor

I had a charge off with them in 2013 that I paid off in full($1200) in 2017. I would try to prequal after that and it would always decline me stating past relationship. Well it fell off my reports last year so I decided to try a prequal again and this time I prequalified for 14.49%. So I applied and was approved for SL $6,500, so once it fell off my reports it appears that was when the auto decline came off for me.

Message 4 of 6
razzy116
Established Contributor

DemonHusker.......I"m going to pay discover very fast and will pull my annualcreditreport to see when it will fall off cause i want to get back in with discover. Thank you very much for the information. Be safe.

Message 5 of 6
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Umm..guys, stuff falling off your credit report means nothing because the good stuff is always retained in internal records. 

They still know you caused them a loss, even if decade or longer passes.

If you want to get approved in the future, pay the charge off. It will still be couple of years if you're lucky. 

If you dont pay them, sometimes they get over it after 5-7 years, and for some, they dont get over it.

For every person that's been approved after burning them, there is one who cannot get approved. 

Most lenders get over it at some point. 

Discover is not Cap One, they arent exactly in a rush. It will happen when they decide it happens. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.