tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: ChargeSmart- What's generally the CC companies response

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Putting aside the issues of fees that Chargesmart assesses how do the credit card companies feel about users paying utilities or even mortgages with their cards via Chargesmart?  Something they frown upon or dont really care?

most don't care what you charge as long as it is not MS. or other cash equivlent items. where they cant collect their cash advance fees. ie wire money to a friend with you card. they will charge Cash Advance. as long as it is a bill. they encourage it to be frank. im not sure of the chargesmart service itself. just saying. i even got letters saying charge a utility and get 10 percent cash back. Boom electric bill on my card. 10 percent really. that was 18 dollars. you bet it will.

How is it not a cash equivalent practice?  Of course it is.  Now, it sucks, in profitability for the user,compared to other practices, but it is monetizing your credit.

elPatitoFeo, off topic question.  How do you get the image with the 3 Fico scores.  I'd like one for my signature but can't find out where it comes from.

It's from the dashboard of the myFICO monitoring service I was criticizing a few posts ago.

Message 11 of 18
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Putting aside the issues of fees that Chargesmart assesses how do the credit card companies feel about users paying utilities or even mortgages with their cards via Chargesmart?  Something they frown upon or dont really care?

most don't care what you charge as long as it is not MS. or other cash equivlent items. where they cant collect their cash advance fees. ie wire money to a friend with you card. they will charge Cash Advance. as long as it is a bill. they encourage it to be frank. im not sure of the chargesmart service itself. just saying. i even got letters saying charge a utility and get 10 percent cash back. Boom electric bill on my card. 10 percent really. that was 18 dollars. you bet it will.

How is it not a cash equivalent practice?  Of course it is.  Now, it sucks, in profitability for the user,compared to other practices, but it is monetizing your credit.

Not that clear!   If the utility/mortgage company/rent agency accepted credit cards (as some do) you could just use the credit card with them.   If they don't, you go through a third party, but it's still basically a purchase rather than a cash advance, which is where cash equivalency comes in.      If I go to a bookstore and buy, say "The Vegan Guide to the Falklands War" (a bargain at $150) with my credit card, is this monetizing my credit?

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Not that clear!   If the utility/mortgage company/rent agency accepted credit cards (as some do) you could just use the credit card with them.   If they don't, you go through a third party, but it's still basically a purchase rather than a cash advance, which is where cash equivalency comes in.      If I go to a bookstore and buy, say "The Vegan Guide to the Falklands War" (a bargain at $150) with my credit card, is this monetizing my credit?

I guess it's in the Vegan nature the need to complicate things.  We, bloody meat eaters, see things simple.  If I can run a card without any other concerns other than swiping it, then it's a credit operation.  If I have to make the credit procedure more complicated in order to use it, then I am modifying my credit into something else (your world)/

That's how I see it.  Just like when I see a juicy steak, I think "hmmm, GOOD."  And when I see some tofu, I think "F#$@#$."  Now don't try to confuse my innocent meat-eater mind with your fancy Vegan ways...

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

elPatitoFeo, off topic question.  How do you get the image with the 3 Fico scores.  I'd like one for my signature but can't find out where it comes from.

It's from the dashboard of the myFICO monitoring service I was criticizing a few posts ago.

I know it's from that but how do you get it that size as an image?

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I am not getting what is your issue.  The size of my mini dashboard in my signature is the same size as your signature.  Only my signature has a single row, while yours has two rows.  That's the size differential.  In any case you can test different signature sizes by changing the numbers in the equation at the settings section.

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I am not getting what is your issue.  The size of my mini dashboard in my signature is the same size as your signature.  Only my signature has a single row, while yours has two rows.  That's the size differential.  In any case you can test different signature sizes by changing the numbers in the equation at the settings section.

Probably not explaining myself well.  It's not the signature size I'm referring to, it's how you are copying the images from the dashboard and then adding them to your signature because ( and maybe because I'm always on my iPad ) I cannot copy or save the dashboard images that have my scores in any way to create the mini dashboard .  If I'm too confusing, don't worry about it.

Message 16 of 18
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, got it.  What I did is take a screen shot of the dashboard (Alt+PrtSc), then I opened the free program "Irfanview," pasted the image from the clipboard, cropped the score section of the image, and then resize it at 382 pixels high x 1130 pixels wide.  And the image is ready for your signature.  Hope that helps.Smiley Happy

EDIT: Oops!  Just saw the mod warning, you can PM me if you need extra help.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.