Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged Off CC ...GRRRRRR

tag
goosedog
Regular Contributor

Charged Off CC ...GRRRRRR

I am SOOOOOO pissed. Just when I thought I was making headway with cleaning up my credit reports...STUPID HSBC account shows up.

I had HSBC target card back in 07 I opened along with a Best Buy MC which also charged off when I lost my job.

Those 2 cards were ONLY reported to EXPERIAN. Transunion and EQ did not even show those cards reporting on my files...So i disputed them to see if I could get them removed (had success removing 4 collection accounts from Experian, 3 from Transuion (3 of them duplicates) and 3 from EQ. A total of 7 collection accounts removed (EVEN JEFFERSON CAPITAL Got removed after i threatened them with legal action).

NOW.....HSBC is reporting on all 3 files.....my 2 charged off cards are now being reported to EQ as of 6-11 and TU as of 6-10

So becareful what you dispute..it may come back to bite you.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Smug
Established Contributor

Re: Charged Off CC ...GRRRRRR

@goosedog wrote:

I am SOOOOOO pissed. Just when I thought I was making headway with cleaning up my credit reports...STUPID HSBC account shows up.

I had HSBC target card back in 07 I opened along with a Best Buy MC which also charged off when I lost my job.

Those 2 cards were ONLY reported to EXPERIAN. Transunion and EQ did not even show those cards reporting on my files...So i disputed them to see if I could get them removed (had success removing 4 collection accounts from Experian, 3 from Transuion (3 of them duplicates) and 3 from EQ. A total of 7 collection accounts removed (EVEN JEFFERSON CAPITAL Got removed after i threatened them with legal action).

NOW.....HSBC is reporting on all 3 files.....my 2 charged off cards are now being reported to EQ as of 6-11 and TU as of 6-10

So becareful what you dispute..it may come back to bite you.

Stop take a deep breath, this has happened to me many times and i almost gave up,push forward try to get it removed but don't give up in 2.5 years i went from a 300 cap 1 card to 111K in cards today.
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 2 of 5
goosedog
Regular Contributor

Thanks SMUG. Appreciate that. I couldnt even get a secured one with CAP1 recently. It's fine though, GE approved me for a bunch of cards plus i got me a secured one with MERRICK and tryin to get one with SDFCU....if they ever call me back.

Message 3 of 5
Nightfallx
New Contributor

i'm 23 and i have over 25k credit avalible to me, and I would have more but I want to get all of my inquires removed, I only have 2 left.  but stay persistant on getting them removed, it took me two or three disputes to get my AU card off my credit.

in my wallet:
Amex Zync : NPSL (main card always pif)
Discover More: 6,500$ (no balance)
Chase Sapphire : 5000.00$ (no balance)
Citi Thank You Card backed by Amex 8,200$ (no balance)
Amex Blue Cash 21,000$
Best Buy Store Card : 5,700$ (I'm a nerd so used a lot)
Message 4 of 5
Ailee92

openned in 07 but dont' know when it charged off but good news it's probably going to be obsolete soon enough. check the laws in your state some are better than others.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.