Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charles Schwab Investor AMEX Credit Card

tag
PointsBonus
Established Contributor

Charles Schwab Investor AMEX Credit Card

Anyone have one or had any experiance with one ?

Looking at my Signature line, would I be able to get one ?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Re: Charles Schwab Investor AMEX Credit Card

I'm not sure how common it is for Amex to approve a 6th revolver. I've heard a few reports of it happening. Not sure if the charge cards or business card(s) complicate things.

Your signature does not show APRs, CLs, or account age. That may be relevant information, particularly if you've recently gotten other Amex cards.

I will say the credit standards for the card are comparable to the standards for your other Amex revolvers (charge cards are a little easier to get). There's nothing that makes the Schwab Investor card inherently more difficult to get.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 2 of 12
wasCB14
Super Contributor

I am curious as to the appeal of a 1.5% Amex, seeing as you already have several Amex cards and what I assume is a brokerage-linked 2% Fidelity Visa. There are bigger bonuses out there.

Message 3 of 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@PointsBonus, do you currently have a Schwab relationship? The revolver max also applies to the Investor card just like any other AmEx revolvers.

IIRC, this was previously discussed in your other Schwab (AmEx) thread.
Message 4 of 12
PointsBonus
Established Contributor

@Finstar,
I currently do have a relationship from a High Yield Checking account, just a great checking account, no ATM fees ANYWHERE !!.
I was just wondering if the Investor card was worth having ...

Message 5 of 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Worth is really subjective and given your current line up with Delta, Hilton and SPG, I'm not sure how this one would stack up to the rest of them as a 1.5% earner.

I mean, if you're just collecting AmEx CCs for some bling factor (keep in mind it's not metal), then by all means apply, but you'd have to likely close one of your revolvers to make room for this one.
Message 6 of 12
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@PointsBonus wrote:
@FinStar,
I currently do have a relationship from a High Yield Checking account, just a great checking account, no ATM fees ANYWHERE !!.
I was just wondering if the Investor card was worth having ...

The Schwab Investor offer I currently see is a $100 bonus after $1k spend. Even the Cash Magnet has $150 for $1k spend. Of course, there may be various promotions, links, and targeted offers for each.

Message 7 of 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

The targeted offer I received was $200 SUB on the Investor card + the SUB referral for brokerage.
Message 8 of 12
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

This is not one of the better Amex cards.  I have both a Schwab brokerage account and a Schwab checking account, but this credit card doesn’t tempt me in the least.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 9 of 12
budugu
Regular Contributor

Short answer like others have mentioned is you will get approved but it is not worth it. There are a lot of better cash back cards with higher bonuses and perks (like no forex fee)
amex - plat + bcp, Apple Card, Citi Prestige (AU)
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.