cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charles Schwab Visa CC - program ending for new people?

tag
Peach8321
Frequent Contributor

Charles Schwab Visa CC - program ending for new people?

Hi all,

Elsewhere on the internet I saw that the Charles Schwab 2% back on everything CC is being closed to new customers at the end of this month (as in, two days).  Has anyone here heard about that?

I have been debating this card for awhile because I like the idea of 2% back on everything and I like the idea of it going into an investment account (hey, any automation towards that is good for me right now).  However, I have been waiting to get any new cards because A) not sure how to juggle lots of CC (I only have two now, both USAA) and B) because I'm going back to school in August and not sure if that'll make a difference to them (not that I'd tell them - I'd use my current income which is good but not amazing) and C) because we just got a mortgage in July and I wanted to let that sit for a year first and I also got my Amex with USAA in Sept. so that's also newish.

However, if it's ending (and maybe for good for new people), should I just bite the bullet and try to get it now?  I don't have a Visa right now but my CC have limits of $14k and $24k and I have no problems with late payments, etc.  My score was around 739 and 756ish last time I checked but I planned on pulling the first week in April (once I get more "fun money" for the month).

So what do y'all think?

A) is the card worth having

B) should I try to get it now?

Thanks! :-)

Current Scores: EQ: 740 (2/7/13)

Starting Score: 799
Current Score: 762
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
ma_fico
Regular Contributor

Re: Charles Schwab Visa CC - program ending for new people?

I would go for it!

It's likely not to return once it's gone - definitely worth a shot.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 4
score_building
Senior Contributor

reputed to be one of the best rewards cards period, it may be worth a reach, gl!

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 3 of 4
okiesean
New Contributor

I would bite the bullet and apply for the card before they close new applications. You might not get a high starting limit but it could grow and better to have a small limit than no chance of ever getting the card.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.