Chase 10x on hotels for march Dilemma

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase 10x on hotels for march Dilemma

Ok here is scenario.  

Cards I have

• CSR (Travel, Restuarants)
  • Amex everyday preferred (groceries not from costco)
  • Citi Costco Card (Gas)
  • CFU (Everything else)

Vacation will be $1000 for flights and $3200 for hotel.

Signed my Wife up for CSP to use to book vacation and get 50k bonus then planing on downgrading her to freedom before annual fee kicks in on 2nd yr.

Wrinkle was  when today I saw that chase just came out with 10x on hotels booked using freedom or freedom unlimited via portal in March

link to promo

Should I book hotel on my freedom unlimited and get the extra 25,000 pts from the 10x ( promo caps out at  $2,500) or stay with original plan.

The main downside is to be able to hit minumum spend I will have to use the CSP for almost everything for next 3-4 months which throws off my current point earning stragety.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase 10x on hotels for march Dilemma

Can you hit the $4,000 minimum spend on the CSP without charging the vacation to it ?

If you can. It would be foolish not to use the freedom with the promo. 25K points is worth $250 at a minimum and can be worth more.

But if you can’t. Use the CSP to get the bonus as 50K points is better then 25K.

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 2 of 4
CramEiko
Established Contributor

• CSR (Travel, Restuarants)
  • Amex everyday preferred (groceries not from costco)
  • Citi Costco Card (Gas)
  • CFU (Everything else)

Do you have the Costco Executive Membership? If so log into CostcoTravel.com for travel plans and save money on rental cars. I usually get my best rates on rental cars through Costco. If you have Executive thats 2% back (at Costco and Costco.com) then use your CSP Visa to get the spend you need there. 

:::Copied Directly from CostcoTravel.com online help section:::

Yes. For Executive Member purchases made directly from Costco Travel, a  2% Reward will be applied after travel is completed. Only purchases made by the Primary and active Primary Household...

Just an idea that may help out on spend.

Good Luck!

Updated Feb 2023:
Citi Double Cash: $26,300
Citi Costco: $33,800
PenFed Power Cash: $50,000
Chase Freedom Unlimited: $33,400
NFCU Cash Rewards: $29,000
BoA Unlimited Cash: $99,900
Wells Fargo Active Cash: $50,000
Citi AAdvantage Executive: $30,500
Wells Fargo Mortgage 30yr fixed 3.625%

Business Cards:
BoA Business Advantage Unlimited Cash: $8,000
Chase Ink Business Unlimited: $75,000
Chase Ink Business Unlimited: $75,000

RIP: EECU PLOC | BBVA PLOC | Chase SP | Chase Amazon | Chase Freedom | WF Propel | Cap1 QS | AMEX Gold | BoA Custom Cash | Lowes | Barclays Aviator Red
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes im executuve member and was planning on doing exactly what you suggested.. the thing is for this vacation the hotel was $500 more on costco travel than on chase travel portal. The 2% executive member cash back was $70  so didnt make sense to book thru costco travel.  

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.