Credit Mentor

Re: Chase 24/5 rule

@coreysw12 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

I'd sell my left kidney for 24/5

On 8/28 you wrote:

I plan on trading my left kidney for Connect 

Now I am wondering if you are a scam artist (or an aspiring one), selling "100% genuine Remedios left kidney" to a whole lot of marks.

You're telling me the left kidney Remedios traded me for kudos may not have been genuine?

Would you please stop spilling all the secrets 😐

Message 21 of 35
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

Not sure if I'd have use for any Chase cards, but they be playin' hard to get, so I'm gonna put a checkmark on that because no one puts baby in the corner. 

Hey, everybody! Check out the all new Cartmanland! It's our Graaand Opening! Cartmanland has over a hundred fabulous rides, six roller coasters, and tons of great surprises! And the best part is: You can't come!! That's right, because at Cartmanland, only I, Eric Cartman, can get in! That means only I can ride the all-new Tornado Twister, a roller coaster that splashes in the water! Wow! It's the greatest amusement park in the Colorado area! And nobody can go!! Especially Stan and Kyle!! HAHA!! So come on down to Cartmanland now! But don't plan on getting past the parking lot, 'cause remember: (singing) So much to do at Cartmanland, but you can't come!

aTMdDz7

Total Loan Balance: $43k / $65k

Total SL: $78k

United 1K - 725,000 lifetime flight miles    |    Chase Status: 4/24
Message 22 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Remedios wrote:

I'd sell my left kidney for 24/5

Hmm ... in your case it could fetch a good return Smiley LOL

Message 23 of 35
kdm31091
Super Contributor

At one time some cobranded cards weren't part of the 5/24 rule but those days are long gone. It is any and all Chase cards now. Unless you have a preapproved offer, no point in wasting the hard pull. 

Message 24 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

At one time some cobranded cards weren't part of the 5/24 rule but those days are long gone. It is any and all Chase cards now. Unless you have a preapproved offer, no point in wasting the hard pull. 

Seems with time Chase's rules evolved to include what is on your credit report in the area of revolving credit, not only Chase products.

Message 25 of 35
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

Seems with time Chase's rules evolved to include what is on your credit report in the area of revolving credit, not only Chase products.

Does that also include other things like HELOC or personal lines of credit? I have one of those on my reports, that shows up as part of my revolving utilization. Never really assumed it would be part of 5/24, but if it is, then I am indeed at 5/24 currently and that might explain why I haven't seen a Chase preapproval in forever.

Edit: Except, my LOC is only reporting on TU (not EX or EQ, which are what Chase uses I believe)

Total Loan Balance: $43k / $65k

Total SL: $78k

United 1K - 725,000 lifetime flight miles    |    Chase Status: 4/24
Message 26 of 35
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

I think even at the beginning (when it applied just to Chase core cards) it was never just Chase products that counted towards 5/24.  Certainly all bank cards counted and most think that store cards (i.e. ones that are not V/MC/Amex/D) count as well, although some claim otherwise.

Message 27 of 35
fatcomic
Regular Contributor

Found out today:

If you have the Verizon Visa and you're at 5/24  AND Synch is not reporting on your Experian yet, you can slide in with Chase if they only pull an EX.    I was at 5/24 happily sitting in the garden, but Chase kept popping up a "You are already approved offer" on the app and the 80K SUB on the CSP got me, and I slid in under the 5/24 rule.  

Message 28 of 35
dragontears
Senior Contributor

@fatcomic wrote:

Found out today:

If you have the Verizon Visa and you're at 5/24  AND Synch is not reporting on your Experian yet, you can slide in with Chase if they only pull an EX.    I was at 5/24 happily sitting in the garden, but Chase kept popping up a "You are already approved offer" on the app and the 80K SUB on the CSP got me, and I slid in under the 5/24 rule.  

Are you saying that you got approved because they only pulled EX or that you were preapproved which is a known work around for 5/24?

Message 29 of 35
fatcomic
Regular Contributor

@dragontears wrote:

@fatcomic wrote:

Found out today:

Are you saying that you got approved because they only pulled EX or that you were preapproved which is a known work around for 5/24?

I assumed it was only becasue they pulled EX.  Maybe I was missing something with the pre-approval.  I thought 5/24 was the final say with Chase.  Well now I don't feel special anymore... 

Message 30 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.