Did you mean: 

Chase 5/24 Policy Officially Announced

tag
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: 5/24 on app page

@redpat wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

For the first time since the "rule" leaked, Chase has gone public with 5/24. On the CSR application page, it now plainly states "you will not be approved if you have opened more than 5 bank cards in the last 24 months".

https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWeb/renderApp.do?CELL=6305&SPID=FL3P&PROMO=DF01

Good for them making it public, so nobody who's less aware wastes a pull, but this basically confirms this rule is not going anywhere anytime soon.

Not necessarily, there is still the branch option.  It appears alive and well for all their cards and the only co-branded united cards.

So if you are over 5/24 the branch pre-approval can get you around it.

For now. I would assume they will clamp down on the workaround, since it appears they are serious about 5/24 and stating it publicly now. If someone wants the card and wants to try the in branch thing my advice is do it sooner than later.

Message 11 of 55
Blackbeauty212
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase 5/24 Policy Officially Announced

@Anonymous wrote:
Before joining this forum I never knew about the 5/24. Most non Credit Card people would never know and it's good that Chase is being transparent so that no one wastes a hard pull when they will clearly flat out be denied.

Most "Non Credit Card" people dont have to worry about 5/24. because they dont open account that often. Only site like this where people go on "Sprees" or are closet Churner does 5/24 adversely affect. 

Message 12 of 55
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Blackbeauty212 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Before joining this forum I never knew about the 5/24. Most non Credit Card people would never know and it's good that Chase is being transparent so that no one wastes a hard pull when they will clearly flat out be denied.

Most "Non Credit Card" people dont have to worry about 5/24. because they dont open account that often. Only site like this where people go on "Sprees" or are closet Churner does 5/24 adversely affect. 

I would agree. I'm glad Chase announced the rule, but at the same time, anyone who doesn't know about it probably isn't involved in credit cards and won't be impacted anyway.

Message 13 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow!

Anyone know why Chase doesn't have branches in the DC area? Guess I'm going to have to make a road trip to NJ...next summer Smiley Sad 

Message 14 of 55
SMDLiquid
Regular Contributor

Re: 5/24 on app page

@kdm31091 wrote:

@redpat wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

For the first time since the "rule" leaked, Chase has gone public with 5/24. On the CSR application page, it now plainly states "you will not be approved if you have opened more than 5 bank cards in the last 24 months".

https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWeb/renderApp.do?CELL=6305&SPID=FL3P&PROMO=DF01

Good for them making it public, so nobody who's less aware wastes a pull, but this basically confirms this rule is not going anywhere anytime soon.

Not necessarily, there is still the branch option.  It appears alive and well for all their cards and the only co-branded united cards.

So if you are over 5/24 the branch pre-approval can get you around it.

For now. I would assume they will clamp down on the workaround, since it appears they are serious about 5/24 and stating it publicly now. If someone wants the card and wants to try the in branch thing my advice is do it sooner than later.

100% Chase will be clamping down on this workaround

Chase Freedom | Chase Freedom Unlimited | Chase Hyatt | Chase Sapphire Preferred AU | Amex EDP AU | Amex SPG | Citi Prestige | Citi AAdvantage Executive | AAdvantage Aviator Red |

FICO: Experian 821 | TransUnion 825 | Equifax 830 | Last App: 08/28/2017
Message 15 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you get chase aarp and the Disney cards in branch?
Message 16 of 55
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Can you get chase aarp and the Disney cards in branch?

As far as I know yes, but there's no real reason to bother since those cards are not currently under the 5/24 restriction.

Message 17 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow!

Anyone know why Chase doesn't have branches in the DC area? Guess I'm going to have to make a road trip to NJ...next summer Smiley Sad 

No idea why.  I wish they were here.  Supposedly there are definitive plans to add up to 100 branches in DC, MD, VA area in the next few years but of course that doesn't do us any good now

Message 18 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow!

No idea why.  I wish they were here.  Supposedly there are definitive plans to add up to 100 branches in DC, MD, VA area in the next few years but of course that doesn't do us any good now

Well that's sort of? good news. But really dumbfounding honestly that there's none here currently. Come to the DMV Chase! Ugh. 

Message 19 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase are a bunch of yankees?

I'm a little jealous of the members that live on the east coast, and The South. I think there are a lot more quality Credit Unions out that way. Not saying I can't become a member donating, but no face-to-face relationships obviously. kickbutt car loan or Kick-butt mortgage are my ultimate reasons to join credit unions.
Message 20 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.