Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase 5/24 Question

tag
vagrants
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase 5/24 Question

Applying in-branch "can" bypass the rule I heard....but since you already applied, not useful info any more Smiley Sad

AMEX Cash Rebate (this isn't Costco, older version of Blue Cash), AMEX Blue Cash, AMEX BCP, AMEX SPG (personal), Barclay Sallie Mae Plat MC, BBVA Compass NBA AMEX (No AF), Capital One QuickSilver VISA Sig, Capital One QuickSilver World MC, 2x Chase Freedom VISA Sig, Chase Ink Bold World Elite MC, Citi Dividend AMEX/World MC, Citi Double Cash, Citi Hilton VISA Sig, Discover More, Discover It, Fidelity AMEX, Huntington Voice World MC, MyPoints Rewards VISA, 2x US Bank Cash+ VISA Sig
Message 11 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Makersmark23 wrote:
I thought about ink. I just know I won't meet the 5k spend in 3 months right now so it kind of feels like a waste.

How about the Ink Cash? It's only 3k spend for the $200 bonus. And I believe the bonus can be transferred as points to your CSP, but you'll wan't to double check that transfer option. That also leaves you open to apply for the Ink Plus in the future when you can meet the 5k bonus. 

AND Ink Cash also came with 0% financing, last I checked. 

That being said, the Ink family cards DO fall under 5/24 now as well. So you may do best to see the outcome on your current app. I think personal and business at the same time would still result in another pull, so no reason to pull the trigger exactly right now. 

And if you're still within the 5/24 AND think you might want Ink, don't let the new-ness of your business deter you. If Chase likes you, they are often very generous even with a new business (I got my biggest SL yet on my Ink Plus.) 

Message 12 of 22
Makersmark23
New Contributor

Just called recon and they declined me for too many accounts. Verified with the recon person that k had only 5, she said yes and declined regardless. Only reason was too many accounts in 24 months.

I knew the risk but it's my first decline ever in 7 years of playing the credit game. Super frustrating wasting a hard pull. Just take my business to a company that has some more sensible policies I guess.
[img]http://s26.postimage.org/vht4qanid/Sallie_Mae_WMC.jpg[/img]
Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase issued my first ever denial after a double pull last fall when I applied for the CSP. I got burnt by the term 5/24 which is a little misleading because the 5th is actually the Chase card one is applying for. I think 4/24 is a more accurate discription but I can see the logic in calling it 5/2/4.

I was a little bitter at first but then they had to go and create the Freedom Unlimited which is on my want list now. I have to wait until next May and I will have to recon because auto-approve won't happen with AU accounts counted.

Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wanted to apply for Chase Freedom when all my inquiries drop but unfortunately, it doesn't exist anymore. I really like the the rotating categories since I already have Discover It. I won't be interested in another 1.5% cash back card. What a bummer. I wouldn't apply for a Chase Freedom Unlimited if you already have QS.

Message 15 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I wanted to apply for Chase Freedom when all my inquiries drop but unfortunately, it doesn't exist anymore. I really like the the rotating categories since I already have Discover It. I won't be interested in another 1.5% cash back card. What a bummer. I wouldn't apply for a Chase Freedom Unlimited if you already have QS.

I'm not really sure what you mean when you say that the Freedom doesn't exist anymore - it's still available for application on Chase's website.

I'm guessing that you got that impression from the fact that on Chase's main credit card page, it only lists the Chase Freedom Unlimited, Slate, and CSP. But if you click on 'Browse all credit cards' or 'Cash back credit cards', the Freedom is right there - next to the Freedom Unlimited, actually.

So despair not, the Freedom is still in existence (for now)! It's a great card.

Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm not really sure what you mean when you say that the Freedom doesn't exist anymore - it's still available for application on Chase's website.

I'm guessing that you got that impression from the fact that on Chase's main credit card page, it only lists the Chase Freedom Unlimited, Slate, and CSP. But if you click on 'Browse all credit cards' or 'Cash back credit cards', the Freedom is right there - next to the Freedom Unlimited, actually.

So despair not, the Freedom is still in existence (for now)! It's a great card.

Supposedly you can't apply for it in branches anymore and they will be converting Freedom holders cards to Freedom Unlimited later which kind of makes me want to PC my FU to normal Freedom just to rack up more URs on the 5% categories before they're gone.

Message 17 of 22
kdm31091
Super Contributor

The Freedom still exists but seems to be being phased out. Branch applications are no longer taken and the card has certainly been buried on Chase's website, plus the rumors of it going away after this year.

So for the time being yes you can still apply, but who knows when the online app will be yanked. If they are getting rid of the card at the end of the year (per the rumors) I'd assume the apps will go away sooner than later.

Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

If the Chase Freedom really is going away, they better inform the Vice President and Manager of Public Relations at Chase, because he doesn't seem to be in on it!

http://www.doctorofcredit.com/will-chase-freedom-card-discontinued/

Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

My inquiries won't all drop until 10/2017 so Freedom will be gone. It's okay. It would be a waste to apply for credit when I already have all that I need. The only card  I would like now is the Golden 1 Platinum Credit Card with 7% APR and 3% cash back on dining (all year long.)

Well hopefully Chase Freedom won't discontinue. I think I'll change my plans for applying towards it anyhow. I basically have all the best cash back cards available accept for the union Golden 1. I don't carry a balance but 7% sounds nice, unlike all the 20%+

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.