Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase 5/24 Rules and Authorized User

tag
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Chase 5/24 Rules and Authorized User

A dumb question.  If someone is on my card as a AU, then the AU is removed.  Is there any record on the AU's credit report?  Or the AU record will be removed after certain time period? Say two months?

Just try to avoid be counted as part of the Chase 5/24 rules.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase 5/24 Rules and Authorized User

@BronzeTrader wrote:

A dumb question.  If someone is on my card as a AU, then the AU is removed.  Is there any record on the AU's credit report?  Or the AU record will be removed after certain time period? Say two months?

It varies.  Sometimes the creditor will send notice to the CRAs and the account will removed.  Other times, it is necessary for the AU to file a dispute to get the account removed.  If it's still there after 45 days or so, then the dispute process will be needed.

Message 2 of 3
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase 5/24 Rules and Authorized User

@Anonymous wrote:

@BronzeTrader wrote:

It varies.  Sometimes the creditor will send notice to the CRAs and the account will removed.  Other times, it is necessary for the AU to file a dispute to get the account removed.  If it's still there after 45 days or so, then the dispute process will be needed.

I just reviewed our own credit reports.  From what I see, the AU will get the credit record if the AU is still with the card when the card was closed.  If the AU just jumped on the wagon and took a 6-month ride and jumped off, there is no record of it.  I know YMMV.

This makes me more comfortable.  We get on family member's cards for initial spending.  Then the AUs are removed.  I just do not see myself on the cards where the AU was removed.  Except the one or two cards where the cards were closed and I was still an AU.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.