cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase 5/24 and preapprovals/cards not counted.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase 5/24 and preapprovals/cards not counted.

@BronzeTrader wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
My first instant approval with Chase was the Ritz card, which was something like 16/24

'cause Chase is happy to sit and collect the fat AF. Smiley Happy  Quite some people just pay the AFs and do not use most of the benefits.  The hotel is happy too to offer free room, get publicity and possible future customers.  

Yep, I'm getting easily 2k of value out of my $450 though, totally worth it for the first year. I might keep it a 2nd year until I can pick up CSR though I have to admit it will be sad losing access to the JP Morgan concierge.

Message 11 of 21
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

@Gregory1776 wrote:

Thanks guys!! Is it possible to go in branch and get preapproval for the Amazon card? I'll be more confident in getting approval for it! 

@Also, how do chases CLI's work? I know all about AmEx, Discover, and PenFed, but how generous are they with SLs and CLIs? I have a 50% uti on discover and will be paying it off over time (0%). I love shopping at amazon and will be using discover throughout the fall @ 10% back total, so I'll probably apply at the end of december, when my discover balance is 0 and im using less than 7% of my credit limits. 

From what I've seen, they can be very generous with SLs.  However, CLIs are always a hard pull.

Message 12 of 21
texasman07
Established Contributor

Hey guys does anyone know Bout the united travel bank card and 5/24? I'm well over but applied and got the 30 day message and when I called the robolady I got the 30 day message as well
Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@texasman07 wrote:
Hey guys does anyone know Bout the united travel bank card and 5/24? I'm well over but applied and got the 30 day message and when I called the robolady I got the 30 day message as well

I belive the United cards do fall under 5/24. The cards that don't fall under 5/24 are:

• Chase Amazon Rewards Visa Signature
  • Chase AARP Credit Card
  • Chase British Airways Visa Signature Card
  • Chase Disney Premier Visa Card
  • Chase Hyatt Credit Card
  • Chase IHG Rewards Club Select Credit Card
  • Chase Marriott Rewards Premier Business Credit Card
  • Chase Ritz-Carlton Rewards Credit Card
Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it possible to PC any of the cards not affected by 5/24 to a card that is affected by 5/24? For example: IHG to CSR? 

Im in the garden, just asking for a friend. 😳

LOL 😂

Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Justagirl73 wrote:

Is it possible to PC any of the cards not affected by 5/24 to a card that is affected by 5/24? For example: IHG to CSR? 

LOL 😂

No you can't PC a IHG card to any of the branded cards like the CSR, CSP, Slate or the Freedom cards.  Only those branded cards can be changed to one another.

Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Justagirl73 wrote:

LOL 😂

No you can't PC a IHG card to any of the branded cards like the CSR, CSP, Slate or the Freedom cards.  Only those branded cards can be changed to one another.

Do we know if this is co-brand-wide as in you could PC an IHG card into an Amazon etc? or only within the same co-brand family?

Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Justagirl73 wrote:

LOL 😂

Do we know if this is co-brand-wide as in you could PC an IHG card into an Amazon etc? or only within the same co-brand family?

You can only PC within the same family so no you can't PC an IHG into an Amazon. Also you can't PC between personal and business. 

Message 18 of 21
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Message 19 of 21
jlitnns
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Justagirl73 wrote:

LOL 😂

You can only PC within the same family so no you can't PC an IHG into an Amazon. Also you can't PC between personal and business. 

I'm reviving this so I can understand. If I get a Chase Disney with a $5k SL and hold on to it for 6 months can I close that and transfer the $5k limit to my CFU? Maybe I'm answering my own question since that wouldn't fall under a PC right?

TIA

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.