Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase 5/24 question

tag
red259
Super Contributor

Chase 5/24 question

Some bloggers are saying that Chase business cards do not count against 5/24. I always thought since they are worth chase they would count, but some blogs are saying quite clearly they don't. Does anyone know the answer to this? I was considering the marriott business card which would not be subject to 5/24 but I don't want to push back how long it is before I can applying for personal cards subjected to 5/24.

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
nitrov
Established Contributor

Re: Chase 5/24 question

@red259 wrote:

Some bloggers are saying that Chase business cards do not count against 5/24. I always thought since they are worth chase they would count, but some blogs are saying quite clearly they don't. Does anyone know the answer to this? I was considering the marriott business card which would not be subject to 5/24 but I don't want to push back how long it is before I can applying for personal cards subjected to 5/24.

If the card is personally guaranteed and reports on your personal CR, I would say it definitely counts toward 5/24. If you’re very concerned and on the border about meeting 5/24 for a personal card you’re after I wouldn’t push your luck

My Top 3: Amex Delta Platinum ($30k) | Amex PRG | Citi Prestige ($30k) |

Starting scores 600-640 (2013), current 765-775 (2019); It is possible!

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@red259 wrote:

Been over this before and I too thought Chase business cards would count towards 5/24 but according to everything I have read, they do not.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@nitrov wrote:

@red259 wrote:

If the card is personally guaranteed and reports on your personal CR, I would say it definitely counts toward 5/24. If you’re very concerned and on the border about meeting 5/24 for a personal card you’re after I wouldn’t push your luck

Just as an FYI Chase business cards, like almost all small business credit cards, are personally guaranteed and do not report to your personal credit reports unless you default.  The reason most people have thought that Chase business cards would count towards 5/24 while other small business credit cards do not is that Chase obviously knows about the accounts.  Surprisingly many people have verified that they, in fact, do not count towards 5/24 

Message 4 of 8
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@nitrov wrote:

@red259 wrote:

Just as an FYI Chase business cards, like almost all small business credit cards, are personally guaranteed and do not report to your personal credit reports unless you default.  The reason most people have thought that Chase business cards would count towards 5/24 while other small business credit cards do not is that Chase obviously knows about the accounts.  Surprisingly many people have verified that they, in fact, do not count towards 5/24 

Yea because this would seem logical, but its ok. This opens up some opportunities for me which I had thought were foreclosed. 

;
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

most of Chase cards apply towards 5/24. The business Marriott isn't one of them. I was approved the other day and I'm over 5/24.

Message 6 of 8
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

most of Chase cards apply towards 5/24. The business Marriott isn't one of them. I was approved the other day and I'm over 5/24.

Not sure if you mean that you are only over 5/24 if counting business marriott card or if you were just approved for the chase business marriott card even though over 5/24. If the later its been well known for a long time that the business marriott card is not subject to 5/24 restrictions. 

;
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You’re confusing whether a Chase card that you’re applying for is subject to 5/24 vs whether an existing Chase card counts towards the 5.    The latter is what @red259 is asking and I stated, the business Marriott does not.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.