Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase 5/24 rule and PayPal Credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase 5/24 rule and PayPal Credit

So I'm looking at chase products in about 6 months or so. I wanted to know if PayPal Credit (not the MasterCard, just PayPal credit) impacts my 5/24 like a credit card, or is it considered something else. 

if it counts as a card, I'm 5/24 until October and will have to not get another card until I get the chase card in 6 months, if not, then I have a bit of a cushion in case I want to get my second NFCU around November. 

Your input would sure clear this up for me. I couldn't find it anywhere. Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase 5/24 rule and PayPal Credit

Yes, it counts.

Message 2 of 4
Thermionic_E
Regular Contributor

And this absolutely irks me to no end because in my belief that my credit card with PayPal was the PayPal/PPMC, I decided that my credit was doing too well and I needed a new mattress for my partner and I so why not use PayPal?!? Because you made the same mistake with affirm but this one is worse, me!!! I had one slot left for five 24 and planned on finally securing a card after many stupid denial reasons. I got the stupid financing but it only covers the amount of the purchase for your credit line and so my last line was 20k so how nice to waste a slot on a 2k account that surprise REPORTS AS 100 percent utilized immediately! I had to pay it off and dispute it. Stupid account now just sits there mocking me. So much frustration with their stupid and useless so called card that isn't a card. These pitfalls are not okay. If I didn't heavily use PayPal for business I would go after them with consumer affairs and bbb for this to get it off my record. I love their loanbuidler offers too! I LOVE MY BUSINESS SCORES CONSTANTLY REFERRING TO MY DBT AS 1-3 when I have never had any and pay early and always have. PayPal says oh no sir you have a high risk of nonpayment. How?!?!

Message 3 of 4
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Thermionic_E wrote:

...I got the stupid financing but it only covers the amount of the purchase for your credit line and so my last line was 20k so how nice to waste a slot on a 2k account that surprise REPORTS AS 100 percent utilized immediately! I had to pay it off and dispute it. Stupid account now just sits there mocking me. So much frustration with their stupid and useless so called card that isn't a card. These pitfalls are not okay. If I didn't heavily use PayPal for business I would go after them with consumer affairs and bbb for this to get it off my record...

People are approved for larger limits than their purchase price.  What was there to dispute?  While it can be frustrating if a card reports with 100% utilization, this wasn't inaccurate reporting in your case and that sounds like a firivilous dispute.  I'm not understanding where a complaint with consumer affairs (assuming CFPB?) and BBB come into play here?  You applied for a retail card, not at all unlike tons of others offered for Best Buy, Macy's, endless furniture stores, etc., they approved you for the account, and you received financing for it.  I'm failing to see what Synchrony did wrong here.

To further elaborate on FinStar's answer, any revolving or charge credit account (bank cards, retail cards, lines of credit, etc.) counts toward 5/24.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.