Chase 5/24 rule

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase 5/24 rule

@Anonymous wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

How did you confirm it? 

I confirmed with a few experts in the field of tradelines and credit card churning.  AU tradelines show just as it would for the primary borrower, with Amex being the exception.

I can also confirm what @Anonymous and @Remedios have commented above.  I also have several reliable SMEs and sources, none of course participate in the questionable business at hand.  This comes straight from UW across multiple fields and FIs including CUs....Read algorithms.

Message 21 of 26
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I’m not positive but I don’t think Chase counts AU’s period. JW what date does the AU show opened on your CR?

AUs won't help you get a Chase approval. But they can count against 5/24.

Message 22 of 26
Andypanda
Established Contributor

Yes the card is showing, and not talking about FAKO sites, but actual reports. The  date shown is Nov 2017, so I have a year to go before it hits 24 months. The card I am interetsed in is the Amazon Prime Visa, which I do not plan on applying for untill at least Jan, when Disover it changes catagories. I have heard conflicting report on weither or not the Amazon Prime Visa plays by the 5/24 rule, or that it migh start using it soon.

Thanks for the help,

Andy

Message 23 of 26
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

OP, although some DPs have been recently steaming in with regard to the expansion of the 5/24 restriction to other Chase products like IHG, British Airways, etc, it's fairly possible that cards like Disney or Amazon, for example, are either part of that 5/24 restriction or in the process of being included.

Potentially once you apply that'll confirm things for sure. In the interim there are two options as mentioned further upthread: either have the AU tradeline removed via the CR dispute process, or if due to time constraints you decide to pull the trigger in January (if declined due to 5/24), contact UW to have them reconsider the application.
Message 24 of 26
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

at least I know i dont have to watch this thread Smiley Tongue

Message 25 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I’m not positive but I don’t think Chase counts AU’s period. JW what date does the AU show opened on your CR?

Yes, they do count against the 5/24 rule just as any credit card tradeline.  The key is how old the CC tradeline is, after 24 months it no longer counts against.  With Amex, you have to be especially careful as it reports as a new tradeline as soon as you are added as an AU.

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.