Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase 5/24 who has been the exception?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase 5/24 who has been the exception?

So just curious if people have applied and got approved with more than 5 accounts opened in 24 months.

I've seen people posting about getting cards approved with more than 5/24 .

If so post how many accounts and were they store and credit cards.
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase 5/24 who has been the exception?

Chase customers get approved beyond 5/24 by branch offers, online offers (green checkmark), and offers in Credit Journey. 

Its extremely rare for a non-Chase customer to get past 5/24. If you think you have a good case, go for the card and be prepared to spend some time talking to recon. Worst case scenario you waste 2 HPs and better luck next time. 

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Saw someone post earlier in the week that they were selected in the branch for a FU but was denied so applied cold for the sapphire and was approved.

Also read a few other posts about being approved while being over 5/24 recently. I'm curious if any others have tried and what the outcome was.
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I mean there are always people who squeak by but they’re almost always existing Chase customers. That seems to be the best way to get around 5/24. 

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thinking of being a Guinea pig. I have a chase card with my wife I'm an AU. SW rewards cl 12k.

Ex 704
Tu 673
Eq 643
Message 5 of 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Do itSmiley Happy We luv Guinea PigsSmiley Happy
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thinking of being a Guinea pig. I have a chase card with my wife I'm an AU. SW rewards cl 12k.

Ex 704
Tu 673
Eq 643

I would have guinea pigged a long time ago if I didn’t have a BK on file. Auto rejection. 

643 might be a bit low though. 

Message 7 of 15
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

I can’t speak from personal experience, but from what I can tell, preapproved or green check marks can get approved no matter what/24 lol 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Saw someone post earlier in the week that they were selected in the branch for a FU but was denied so applied cold for the sapphire and was approved.

Also read a few other posts about being approved while being over 5/24 recently. I'm curious if any others have tried and what the outcome was.

Are you referring to this thread?  Chase Sapphire Pref Approved

If you are, its unclear whether the poster had an "in branch pre-approval" for the Freedom card that he applied for at the branch.  A "Selected for You" offer received online does not carry the same weight as an "in branch pre-approval."

I've been approved for Chase credit cards while over 5/24; my most recent approval was for a CSR while at 15/24.  But I'm a Chase customer and I only apply when I have "in branch pre-approvals" since that's the only guaranteed way to bypass the 5/24 rule.

Message 9 of 15
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

A "Selected for You" offer received online does not carry the same weight as an "in branch pre-approval."

I've been approved for Chase credit cards while over 5/24; my most recent approval was for a CSR while at 15/24.  But I'm a Chase customer and I only apply when I have "in branch pre-approvals" since that's the only guaranteed way to bypass the 5/24 rule.

well, Looks like I'm going to have to drop by my local Chase branch once n a while. Since I am Like @AJC/24

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.