cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase 5/24 who has been the exception?

tag
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Chase 5/24 who has been the exception?

Someone mentioned recon above; I just wanted to note that recon is of no help with a 5/24 denial. Analysts are not willing or able to overturn that reason.
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:
Someone mentioned recon above; I just wanted to note that recon is of no help with a 5/24 denial. Analysts are not willing or able to overturn that reason.

Actually recon works if any of the accounts that put you over 5/24 are AU accounts.  You can call recon and ask an analyst to exclude the AU accounts since you aren't responsible for them anyway.  But other than that, denials for being over 5/24 aren't usually overturned.

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

A "Selected for You" offer received online does not carry the same weight as an "in branch pre-approval."

I've been approved for Chase credit cards while over 5/24; my most recent approval was for a CSR while at 15/24.  But I'm a Chase customer and I only apply when I have "in branch pre-approvals" since that's the only guaranteed way to bypass the 5/24 rule.

well, Looks like I'm going to have to drop by my local Chase branch once n a while. Since I am Like @AJC/24

Can't hurt to try; you just never know.   The last time I checked I was approved for all the cards offered by Chase and it took a lot of restraint to not app for one.

Message 13 of 15
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

I was 9/24 when I got my CSP via the green check mark. Happened about 2 months after getting CFU.

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Back in Feburary, I accepted one of those "Just for you" Chase offer for the CSP that pushed me to 5/24. It was basically an preapproval that already showed me an APR and credit limit. A month after that I applied and got automatically approved for the Chase Amazon Visa Signature card (huh). 

Currently hold checking, CFU, CSP, and now the Amazon card with Chase.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.