Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase 6 month auto CLI

tag
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Chase 6 month auto CLI

My one and only chase card has hit the 6 month mark. Statement closes on June 7. So I am wondering if anyone has recently gotten an auto one lately? Don't want to request trying to not get anymore HPs. Just wondering if this is sort of a unicorn with chase?

i have put maybe 3K through always PIF .

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Chase 6 month auto CLI

I doubt it or im sure we would have read itSmiley Wink. Auto during Covid has to be like me getting AOD or a paycheckSmiley Wink

Message 2 of 16
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

I doubt it or im sure we would have read itSmiley Wink. Auto during Covid has to be like me getting AOD or a paycheckSmiley Wink

@AverageJoesCredit 

Yes I figured it was a pipe dream as I searched and didn't see much recent results.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 3 of 16
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Jnbmom wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit 

Yes I figured it was a pipe dream as I searched and didn't see much recent results.

Gotta ask right? There are always lurkersSmiley Wink

Message 4 of 16
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Timed auto CLIs aren't really a thing.  Auto-CLIs are not very common in general from Chase; perusing the approvals subforum there are exactly 10 of them mentioned in the past 6 months.  In all of the years with Chase, I've had exactly one and that was just last summer after I'd had the card for over 12 years.

Heavy use sometimes prompts them, but automatic ones aren't usually very large.  If you really need/want a significantly larger limit with Chase, you'll almost always need to take a HP to request one or open a new card with them and reallocate limits.

Message 5 of 16
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@K-in-Boston 

Thanks , I figured it was a long shot. I am so waaayyyy behind 5/24 lol. Just got lucky opened a chase savings account and got the green check.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 6 of 16
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@K-in-Boston

And I wish they had a button to request it don't like calling in.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 7 of 16
wasCB14
Super Contributor

What was your SL? Some of the reports of auto CLIs are from people with limited history who got a toy SL...but you don't have a short history.

I didn't get one at 6 months. I took a HP for one at around 7 or 8 months.

But the SLs grew...$600 on my first Chase card, $20k on my fifth.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 8 of 16
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Jnbmom wrote:

@K-in-Boston

And I wish they had a button to request it don't like calling in.

They did.  Briefly.  Then they took it away right when I was ready to use it.

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jnbmom wrote:

My one and only chase card has hit the 6 month mark. Statement closes on June 7. So I am wondering if anyone has recently gotten an auto one lately? Don't want to request trying to not get anymore HPs. Just wondering if this is sort of a unicorn with chase?

i have put maybe 3K through always PIF .

I received an auto-CLI about 3-4 months after receiving my Freedom. Just posted a thread with more details in the Approvals forum. Smiley Happy

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Chase-Freedom-Auto-CLI/m-p/6037304

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.