Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Aer Lingus card coming soon

tag
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Chase Aer Lingus card coming soon

This should be a good option for those that like thrifty transatlantic travel.  Hat tip to TPG; I copied the details from actual press release:

AER-LINGUS-CHASE-card.jpg

• Aer Lingus Visa Signature Card Benefits (coming in spring 2018)
  • 3 Avios per $1 on Aer Lingus, Iberia, British Airways, LEVEL and OpenSkies purchases
  • 1 Avios per $1 on all other purchases
  • Ticket for a companion when a ticket is purchased in economy class, after $30,000 spend in a calendar year
  • Priority boarding on flights to and from the U.S.
  • No foreign transaction fees
  • Auto rental collision damage waiver
  • Lost luggage reimbursement
  • Purchase protection
  • $95 annual fee
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Aer Lingus card coming soon

What does this offer that the Chase BA card lacks?

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 2 of 12
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Chase is coming out with alot of cards recently the starbucks, iberia and now this card.  Interesting although none of them interest me.

Message 3 of 12
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@wasCB14wrote:

What does this offer that the Chase BA card lacks?

Looks like they're pretty much just cookie cutter cards for the new Avios UR transfer partners.  I guess the big differences are the companion ticket on Aer Lingus and priority boarding on Aer Lingus.  

Message 4 of 12
shoegal
Valued Contributor

Is this for real? That name is so funny I thought you were playing a joke on us K!

Message 5 of 12
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@shoegalwrote:

Is this for real? That name is so funny I thought you were playing a joke on us K!

Very real!  I flew them with an infant about 6 years ago to take advantage of their no-fee Ireland layover on the way to the continent and even economy was a great experience.

Message 6 of 12
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

I wondered what the next chase airline card would be! I'd read there was still another one to be released. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 7 of 12
shoegal
Valued Contributor

@K-in-Bostonwrote:

@shoegalwrote:

Very real!  I flew them with an infant about 6 years ago to take advantage of their no-fee Ireland layover on the way to the continent and even economy was a great experience.

Oh awesome! I’m always looking for great airlines to travel. My family is located all over the world.

Message 8 of 12
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

Very similar to the BA and Iberia card that just came out.  It's interesting to see the differences in the $30,000 perk, though.  I wonder why they went with each of those for those airlines.

Also, these are not governed by 5/24 so there's three cards now that offer big Avios bonuses that are churnable.  I wonder if their 24 month rule applies to just that product or to any Avios cards.  If it's product specific, you could get a 75K bonus every 8 months lol.

Message 9 of 12
NRB525
Super Contributor

Interesting. Possibility of a 75k Avios Bonus with extra spend, and also an Iberia Card is mentioned, definitely 75k Avios. 

Depending on the Avios cost to DUB, which sounds like a low Avios amount, could also be a viable UR transfer partner. 

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.