Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Aeroplan? Any applications?

tag
Alephbet
Regular Contributor

Chase Aeroplan? Any applications?

I have seen no posts about the new Chase Aeroplan. Anyone applied or have any data points about it? Seems like a pretty good option for groceries and dining especially with the 25% pay yourself back boost and a good way to fly with points on Star Alliance carriers. 

Bold are regularly used for spending
AOD Visa Signature | Curve Card | X1 Credit Card | Target RedCard | Venmo Card
AMEX: Schwab Platinum | 2 x Gold | Green | 2 x Business Platinum | 2 x Business Gold | Blue Business Plus
AMEX: Amazon Business Prime | Delta Reserve | Delta Reserve Business | Marriott Bonvoy Business
Chase: Aeroplan | Amazon Prime | World of Hyatt | World of Hyatt Business | Marriott Bonvoy Boundless
Chase: Ink Business Cash | Ink Business Preferred | Southwest Performance Business
BofA: Alaska Airlines Business | Business Advantage Customized Cash Rewards
Citi AAdvantage Executive | Barclays AAdvantage Aviator Business
U.S. Bank Business Triple Cash Rewards | U.S. Bank Business Platinum | GM Business Card
Apple Card | Navy Federal Flagship Rewards | PenFed Gold | PenFed Platinum Rewards
Capital One Platinum | Capital One QuicksilverOne | FNBO Evergreen Business
Player 2: Delta Platinum AMEX | Chase Freedom | 2 x Chase Freedom Flex | Apple Card
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Aeroplan? Any applications?

Is this card available only in Canada?  

5% CB rotating: ;
Everyday 3% CB: ;
Everyday 5%: ;
Companion Card: ;
Everyday 2.2% CB: ;
Retired to sock drawer after AOD (kept alive w/ 1 purchase every 6 mo): ;
On my radar: ;
Still Waiting for an Invite: ;
No hope:
Message 2 of 7
ith02
Established Member

It's the U.S. version! I think it was launched... last month? 

Cards:

AU:

Message 3 of 7
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

I didn't see any announcements about the actual launch but I remember when the agreement was announced they said the release was planned for late last year.

And yes the card is to be released in the US.  As part of the contract Air Canada also becomes a UR transfer partner.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 4 of 7
NRB525
Super Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

I didn't see any announcements about the actual launch but I remember when the agreement was announced they said the release was planned for late last year.

And yes the card is to be released in the US.  As part of the contract Air Canada also becomes a UR transfer partner.

Yes, the US Aeroplan Chase card is active. Bonus is two 50,000 mile certificates, which each can be used as starter points on higher point required flights.

It is possible this SUB reward structure isn't appealing. You can't use one certificate for two 20,000 point flights, so one is still restricted to a single seat per certificate. Other SUB offers are general availability points. The Aeroplan program link may also be a turn off, as the actual flight perks seem to not apply to US carriers like United. So checked bags aren't in the list, unless flying Aur Canada. And, one would have to book through Aeroplan to get a domestic US flight on United, for example. Heavy duty points chasers may like this, average card users be like 🤷‍♂️ 

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 5 of 7
4sallypat
Valued Contributor

The SUB is quite attractive (2 flight reward tickets).

If this card would allow access to Star Alliance Business / Gold lounges, I would consider it.

Message 6 of 7
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@4sallypat wrote:

The SUB is quite attractive (2 flight reward tickets).

If this card would allow access to Star Alliance Business / Gold lounges, I would consider it.

Organic 35K status and $50K spend on the card would do it as that level spend boosts Aeroplan status 1 tier to 50K which is Star Alliance Gold.  The only US issued card I'm aware of that does that strictly on the basis of being a cardholder is the United Club card as the bundled United Club membership with same-day plane ticket grants access to Star Alliance Business lounges, not just United Clubs.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.