Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase :: AmEx Pre-Qualified Offers-Reports Frozen

tag
Sexyblue
Contributor

Chase :: AmEx Pre-Qualified Offers-Reports Frozen

Hello All-

Background – I bank with chase and was a AU on brother’s freedom which still shows on my reports. I also was also an AU on his AmEx which still shows on my reports. He closed both of these accounts in good standing. My reports are frozen.

Question: Is it possible they are using this information to make me offers? 

Today I received two online pre-qualified offers from Chase and AmEx, with rate pricing terms. I know Chase did a promotional inquiry 4/2016, but none show from AmEx.

Chase Offers: Freedom and Slate – Rates 24% - the highest.

AmEx  Offers: Everyday and Blue Cash Everyday – Rates 23.49% - the highest.

I did not take offers because I am paying down debt which is the reason my scores are below 700. Also, I know I can get better rates once scores increase.  I have been in the garden since 2014. I prefer to play the long game in credit - by not applying for any and every card that comes along. 

TU 660,EX 679, EQ 673,
DiscoverIT19,500 | Barney's NY,16000 | Jcrew, 8000 | Macy'sRed,12000 | Bloomingdales,9000 | Elan Visa, 5000|
P.C Richards ,4000 | Amazon, 3000 | Barclays, 3000 WalmartMC, 3000 | Target, 3400| Brooks Brothers 1,400
CAP1, 1250 | BOA,1000 | BestBuy, 1000 | American Airlines, 1300|
4 REPLIES 4
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

Re: Chase :: AmEx Pre-Qualified Offers-Reports Frozen

Possible of you could be on a list(s) by certain qualifying data that they searched.

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Prequels are gathered from a bunch of different sources hard to really say unlesss you pull your full report and check the soft pulls.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it's probable that your name made the list because of your AU status.

Then again, they really need no reason to send you offers; they could send you offers completely blind, for no reason other than you have a heartbeat.  My cat has gotten credit card offers.

Question #1:  Why do you care?  Since you aren't interested in opening anything right now, just throw them away.

Question #2: If you plan to play the "long game" and are paying down credit, why would you have the slightest care what the interest rate would be on these cards you aren't applying for anyway?

Chris.

Message 4 of 5
Sexyblue
Contributor

Great points on counts 1 and 2. Lol - the cats got offers. 

TU 660,EX 679, EQ 673,
DiscoverIT19,500 | Barney's NY,16000 | Jcrew, 8000 | Macy'sRed,12000 | Bloomingdales,9000 | Elan Visa, 5000|
P.C Richards ,4000 | Amazon, 3000 | Barclays, 3000 WalmartMC, 3000 | Target, 3400| Brooks Brothers 1,400
CAP1, 1250 | BOA,1000 | BestBuy, 1000 | American Airlines, 1300|
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.