Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Amazon 2%

tag
lgtwriter
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase Amazon 2%

I just got the 2% offer earlier this week as well. This is the first time Chase has offered me 2% on non-Amazon/Wholefoods purchases. I only use the card on Amazon and at Whole foods. Maybe they are targeting those of us that don't use the card outside the Amazon ecosystem?

Message 11 of 16
LADave
Established Contributor

I somehow missed this news until now. I got a Chase Amazon Prime card in early September 2021 with a $2,000 limit and no CLIs to date. Besides Amazon, I sometimes use it for gas and dining which earn 2 percent. I did use it for a "regular" charge earlier this past week and I'm only seeing 1 percent rewards for it.

Do I really need to wait for an automatic CLI to get 2 percent rewards on all non-Amazon purchases, or is there a way to initiate it through a phone call or some other way without requesting a CLI, which generates a hard pull? Any tips on how I can get considered for an automatic CLI sooner?

Or were the 2 percent rewards really only offered through early January 2022, as the OP seems to have been saying?

Message 12 of 16
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@LADave wrote:

I somehow missed this news until now. I got a Chase Amazon Prime card in early September 2021 with a $2,000 limit and no CLIs to date. Besides Amazon, I sometimes use it for gas and dining which earn 2 percent. I did use it for a "regular" charge earlier this past week and I'm only seeing 1 percent rewards for it.

Do I really need to wait for an automatic CLI to get 2 percent rewards on all non-Amazon purchases, or is there a way to initiate it through a phone call or some other way without requesting a CLI, which generates a hard pull? Any tips on how I can get considered for an automatic CLI sooner?

Or were the 2 percent rewards really only offered through early January 2022, as the OP seems to have been saying?

It was a special offer, time limited to Jan 2022.   Obviously, this sort of offer can happen again.

Message 13 of 16
LADave
Established Contributor

Thanks @longtimelurker! I see that the 2 percent CB for everything non-Amazon was for a very limited time, so it doesn't look that attractive. One can only hope this was a test run to see if it was worth it to roll it out on a wider (and more permanent) basis.

Message 14 of 16
LADave
Established Contributor

Update that I got an offer for minimum 2 percent cash back on everything with my Chase Amazon Prime card through the end of 2022, as part of a bonus package if I open a checking account and set up direct deposit, with a total of direct deposits of at least $500. The other bonus is a $225 cash bonus when that happens. (I would continue to get 5 percent cash back on Amazon purchases.)

I have other 2 percent cards with Wells Fargo and Apple/GS, but the cash back offer is tempting. I'd be more inclined to do it if I believed I'd get offered another Chase card (preferably Sapphire Preferred and/or Freedom Flex) before I'm out of my 5/24 period, which won't happen sooner than December. Can anyone suggest if that's possible or likely?

Message 15 of 16
Crowhelm
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

Looks like Chase Amazon is moving to 2% on everything till early Jan 2022, at least for those with a recent credit increase (just got email).

Nice, but not very useful, except for those without a flat 2+% card.

ETA: by "everything" I mean everything that is usually 1%!  So still 5% on Amazon/WF

I got a 3% back offer email on that card for everything that is usually 2% back until the end of March, But who cares, I got the AOD card now :-)

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.