Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Amazon CLI ?

tag
way2evil
New Contributor

Chase Amazon CLI ?

Is it possible to get a CLI after the first statement on the Chase Amazon visa? They gave me a $500 limit, and I ran about 900 dollars through the card, and had bout 750 worth of payments. The rest was the balance I paid when the statement closed. With this 500 limit I cant even buy the 1000 dollar exercise machine I was looking to buy off Amazon, so I ended up having to put most of it on my BoA visa, then the rest on the chase card.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Amazon CLI ?

@way2evil wrote:

Is it possible to get a CLI after the first statement on the Chase Amazon visa? They gave me a $500 limit, and I ran about 900 dollars through the card, and had bout 750 worth of payments. The rest was the balance I paid when the statement closed. With this 500 limit I cant even buy the 1000 dollar exercise machine I was looking to buy off Amazon, so I ended up having to put most of it on my BoA visa, then the rest on the chase card.

Have anything changed in your credit files since applying for the card?  If not, the analyst would be reviewing the same credit information that got you the $500 limit.  give it 6 months for them to establish a rapport of your credit with them. 

Message 2 of 6
sleephla541
Regular Contributor

Yep, I'm in the same boat as you as well.  I received a $400 limit from them and have dropped at $3000 in the month and a half since I've gotten the card.  It's kind of a pain when you're trying to pay it off faster than the outstanding balance will allow you to.  I'm worried about another hard inquiry, or else I'd try and ask for a CLI.  

TU: 752, EQ: 761, EX: 745
Message 3 of 6
way2evil
New Contributor

@DI wrote:

@way2evil wrote:

Have anything changed in your credit files since applying for the card?  If not, the analyst would be reviewing the same credit information that got you the $500 limit.  give it 6 months for them to establish a rapport of your credit with them. 

Nope. What do you think the chances are of me getting approved for any type of CLI? I dont really mind the hard, I barely have any on EX (4) and 0 on EQ. Three of those 4 are set to drop off this month.

Message 4 of 6
way2evil
New Contributor

Yea it sucks, I honestly would have put about 3-4k through this card if it had a higher limit.

Message 5 of 6
way2evil
New Contributor

Called the backdoor and increased to $1,000. Easy.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.