Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Amazon Closed

tag
mnavas
Frequent Contributor

Chase Amazon Closed

Today, i decided to close my Chase Amazon Card after 7 months of being open.... I just didn't find the card as useful as i thought it would be... plus it had a very low CL ($1,700) and before closing the card i asked the CSR to transfer the $1,700 CL to my Chase Freedom so i now have a higher CL. 

When the CSR informed me the card was going to be closed inmediately by my request, i kind of felt bad ;(  Oh well  I guess i'm awful when it comes to get rid of one of my plastics

Anyway, hopefully i'll get a new credit product from another lender in the fall 2014

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Shock
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Amazon Closed

did they transfer the full 1700 over? or leave 500 on it and transferred 1200?

im considering doing this too.

photo myfico_zpsd00088cb.jpg
Message 2 of 12
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Good idea on moving the CL to freedom how long did you have the amazon VISA?

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 3 of 12
snowkitty
Established Contributor

Good for you! I have been wanting to close a few cards but can never seem to find the courage to do it! I always think of a reason I should keep it just alittle bit longer....lol

TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 4 of 12
mnavas
Frequent Contributor

@Shock wrote:

did they transfer the full 1700 over? or leave 500 on it and transferred 1200?

im considering doing this too.

Well the CSR asked me if i wanted to keep the account open by leaving $500 on that card but i asked her to close it and transfer the whole CL ($1,700) to the Freedom and she said no problem, i'll close your Amazon Card and your new CL on the Freedom card will be $5,700

Message 5 of 12
mnavas
Frequent Contributor

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

I had it for 7 months i didn't really like the Rewards structure of this card because you get Amazon points and not Ultimate points like the Freedom or the CSP so i only use it twice..I now have $5700 CL on the Freedom so i think im ready for the upgrade to Freedom Visa Syggy. 

Message 6 of 12
mnavas
Frequent Contributor

@snowkitty wrote:

Good for you! I have been wanting to close a few cards but can never seem to find the courage to do it! I always think of a reason I should keep it just alittle bit longer....lol

Yeah i hear you! I was feeling kind of sad when the CSR said that the card was close it

Message 7 of 12
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Oh yeah visa siggy here it comes!

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 8 of 12
Vegas247
Established Contributor

@mnavas wrote:

I had it for 7 months i didn't really like the Rewards structure of this card because you get Amazon points and not Ultimate points like the Freedom or the CSP so i only use it twice..I now have $5700 CL on the Freedom so i think im ready for the upgrade to Freedom Visa Syggy. 

I just got approved for a Chase Freedom for 11k last Monday March 3........is mine a siggy version since it's 5k or more? What's the difference?

$600 Barclaycard® Rewards MasterCard® - Average Credit $6500 Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express $30k credit card16k Chase Freedom® - $200 Bonus12k VSiggy
Message 9 of 12
Shock
Established Contributor

@Vegas247 wrote:

@mnavas wrote:

I just got approved for a Chase Freedom for 11k last Monday March 3........is mine a siggy version since it's 5k or more? What's the difference?

More benefits. Listed here:

https://usa.visa.com/visasignature/benefits.jsp

Honestly, I feel like it's a prestigious thing. Doesnt necessarily come in handy for the average everyday Joe spender.

Though I think I kind of want it for the pretigious thing. For me, it symbolizes you're responsible with your credit.

photo myfico_zpsd00088cb.jpg
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.