Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Amazon Credit card payment

tag
nursepower
Frequent Contributor

Chase Amazon Credit card payment

Hubby's check was late, arriving today and I just got online to pay bills and am 3 hours late for the cutoff for my due date. Does Chase offer a grace period? If not what happens now? I just made the payment on their website. 

BK DC 10/18/18
Walmart $400 | Target $500 | Playstation Visa $750 | Petco MasterCard ? | Best Buy Visa $2000 | Cap 1Quicksilver $2500 | Ollo $2700 | Kohl's $3000 | Comenity $3200 | Dell $4000 | Skypoint FCU $5000
Last app 6/2/21
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Chase Amazon Credit card payment

@nursepower wrote:

Hubby's check was late, arriving today and I just got online to pay bills and am 3 hours late for the cutoff for my due date. Does Chase offer a grace period? If not what happens now? I just made the payment on their website. 

If it is the first time, and they do charge a late fee, you can often get them to waive it.   Nothing is reported to bureaus untl it is at least 30 days late, so you are ok there.  Biggest threats are late fee and penalty APR.

Message 2 of 15
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@nursepower wrote:

If it is the first time, and they do charge a late fee, you can often get them to waive it.   Nothing is reported to bureaus untl it is at least 30 days late, so you are ok there.  Biggest threats are late fee and penalty APR.

+1 on the late fee attempting to get waived, but is nothing reported late till 30 days? Because i thought some companies can still consider it late by 30 even if it was just 1 day past. As for only being 3 hours late i think if Chases timezone is behind which by a few hours compared to yours you might be fine. Im not sure what their timezone is. I just know certain things for me update at like between 2am - 4am. 

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 3 of 15
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Skye12329 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@nursepower wrote:

+1 on the late fee attempting to get waived, but is nothing reported late till 30 days? Because i thought some companies can still consider it late by 30 even if it was just 1 day past. As for only being 3 hours late i think if Chases timezone is behind which by a few hours compared to yours you might be fine. Im not sure what their timezone is. I just know certain things for me update at like between 2am - 4am. 

It's possible but unlikely.  Checking on the web, i found this which seems a little contradictory!

That drop can also follow a payment that's fewer than 30 days late, depending on when your bank reports your delinquency. "Be aware that when it comes to the reporting of late payments on credit reports, a payment that's late by one to 30 days is considered '30 days late,' late by 31 to 60 days is considered '60 days late,' etc.," says FICO's Paperno in an e-mail. "As a result, any payment made up to 30 days late will be treated as a '30-day late' by the FICO score."

Credit bureaus report late data differently, says Norm Magnuson, spokesman for the Consumer Data Industry Association, the trade group for the bureaus. The bureaus don't label a late payment as 30 days late unless it's 30-59 days late. "Therefore, Adriana E. would not be reported as 30 days late if she paid the bill 2-3 weeks following the due date," he says. 

Reporting just after the payment due date is unusual. "Most lenders report accounts as late when a payment is not received by the next due date. In other words, you aren't just late, but have totally missed the payment for that month," says Maxine Sweet, vice president of public education for credit bureau Experian.  

Message 4 of 15
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Skye12329 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@nursepower wrote:

It's possible but unlikely.  Checking on the web, i found this which seems a little contradictory!

That drop can also follow a payment that's fewer than 30 days late, depending on when your bank reports your delinquency. "Be aware that when it comes to the reporting of late payments on credit reports, a payment that's late by one to 30 days is considered '30 days late,' late by 31 to 60 days is considered '60 days late,' etc.," says FICO's Paperno in an e-mail. "As a result, any payment made up to 30 days late will be treated as a '30-day late' by the FICO score."

Credit bureaus report late data differently, says Norm Magnuson, spokesman for the Consumer Data Industry Association, the trade group for the bureaus. The bureaus don't label a late payment as 30 days late unless it's 30-59 days late. "Therefore, Adriana E. would not be reported as 30 days late if she paid the bill 2-3 weeks following the due date," he says. 

Reporting just after the payment due date is unusual. "Most lenders report accounts as late when a payment is not received by the next due date. In other words, you aren't just late, but have totally missed the payment for that month," says Maxine Sweet, vice president of public education for credit bureau Experian.  

Yeah that is a bit contradictory, i guess it depends on the lender. Smiley Indifferent 

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 5 of 15
nursepower
Frequent Contributor

Well got hit with the $25 late fee. I sent a secured message asking them to remove as a courtesy and also moved our payment date back two days so this doesn't happen again. Also placed a buffer in my bank in case the pay is late again and bills need to be paid the money is there. 

BK DC 10/18/18
Walmart $400 | Target $500 | Playstation Visa $750 | Petco MasterCard ? | Best Buy Visa $2000 | Cap 1Quicksilver $2500 | Ollo $2700 | Kohl's $3000 | Comenity $3200 | Dell $4000 | Skypoint FCU $5000
Last app 6/2/21
Message 6 of 15
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@nursepower wrote:

Well got hit with the $25 late fee. I sent a secured message asking them to remove as a courtesy and also moved our payment date back two days so this doesn't happen again. Also placed a buffer in my bank in case the pay is late again and bills need to be paid the money is there. 

I would just set up auto pay for the min so this way if you ever forget it auto pays the min payment 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 7 of 15
elim
Senior Contributor

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@nursepower wrote:

I would just set up auto pay for the min so this way if you ever forget it auto pays the min payment 

hey, that's a good idea.

what happens if i pay the bill in full early and the auto pay tries to pay? will it go through and show a neg balance? or will it just decline the payment?

this would be a credit saving move for a medical emergency or if i have to go overseas again with no notice. no worries then.

Message 8 of 15
nursepower
Frequent Contributor

What do I do if I want to pay more than the minimum though? Just make a second payment?

BK DC 10/18/18
Last app 6/2/21
Message 9 of 15
yfan
Valued Contributor

@elim wrote:

hey, that's a good idea.

what happens if i pay the bill in full early and the auto pay tries to pay? will it go through and show a neg balance? or will it just decline the payment?

this would be a credit saving move for a medical emergency or if i have to go overseas again with no notice. no worries then.

Well, technically, if you set up the auto-pay to only pay the minimum due, then pay off your balance before the statement closes, then your minimum payment is zero when the statement prints. So it should not deduct anything. Technically.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.