Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Amazon PC?

tag
LisaJ
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase Amazon PC?

I'd be very certain they will soft pull before you proceed. Chase is a delight in most areas, but they are the most hard pull happy creditor I have ever dealt with.

WOW! EQ when I joined myFICO: 657. Ups and downs and a few bumps and bruises, but finally back over 700. Whew!

Message 11 of 22
enharu
Super Contributor

Chances are you will end up canceling the amazon visa. Since you have the citi forward you aren't exactly losing out then. All good
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 12 of 22
moneyinthebank

you will be denied

Message 13 of 22
dpride86
Regular Contributor

I wonder if they will PC my livingsocial card into a chase freedom?

-Current Score: TU 719 EQ 705 and EX 708 1-11-15
-My Goal: 740+ on all 3
-My wallet:
NFCU Cash Rewards 17k,Fidelity Amex 10.1k, QS 8k, DCU Visa Platinum 7.5k, Chase Freedom 7k, Penfed Promise 6.5k, Amex BCE 6k and Citi 5K.
Message 14 of 22
bs6054
Valued Contributor

Actually (don't tell Chase!) since it is a fairly large CL ($23.5K) I will keep it even if they don't find a good solution.  It just won't get used.  And to be fair, as it has never been my major card, it's not a great loss to chase, my spend on it last year was $12K, $16K the year before, so they will survive the loss of income from my swipes.

Message 15 of 22
enharu
Super Contributor

I don't think this is chase's fault, for not trying to help or cater to your needs. Rather than that like others said, they are probably bound contractually with their agreement with amazon and can't just steal customers at will.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 16 of 22
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@enharu wrote:
I don't think this is chase's fault, for not trying to help or cater to your needs. Rather than that like others said, they are probably bound contractually with their agreement with amazon and can't just steal customers at will.

Of course it's not Chase's fault, whatever that might mean, they have procedures and committments that I am not privy to.   I asked, they said no, I commented, and they decided to look again.  So saying No again is fine.  But I am free to ask if they can cater to my needs, evaluate the answer and make decisions.

Just like recons, you can ask.  In this case, they decided to recon, not me!

Message 17 of 22
enharu
Super Contributor

Yea I understand. I wanted to have my chase amazon pc so badly in the past too lol. I applied for the fun of it and wasn't expecting to get approved
Message 18 of 22
moneyinthebank

BS just get used to the idea that you are not in charge on this the bank is.They can do whatever they please.Stop trying to cheat around and understand.

Message 19 of 22
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@moneyinthebank wrote:

BS just get used to the idea that you are not in charge on this the bank is.They can do whatever they please.Stop trying to cheat around and understand.

Thanks for the feedback.  What exactly are you talking about?  The sequence

1) I asked if they could PC the card

2) They said No

3) I said That doesn't sound a great solution (no threats, cheats or anything)

4) They said they would look again

So please explain where I am cheating, claiming I am in charge or anything.  This is a consumer-business relationship.  They set conditions on the relationship (card, CL, APR etc) and I can continue the relationship or not as my needs change.

Do you make the same sort of post when people recon a rejection? Or since this is an early post, I guess we can look forward to that!

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.