cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Amazon Prime Rewards Vs Synchrony Bank Amazon Store Card ?

tag
The-Credit-Disciple
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase Amazon Prime Rewards Vs Synchrony Bank Amazon Store Card ?

@staticvoidmain wrote:

If you ask me the same question at this point in time, I'd probably look at the Amazon Business Amex. FWIW, I do have the Chase. I've always been happy with it, expecially since it is a Visa. Plus it's a metal card, so there is that. Also, the bonus categories did come in handy when I only had a couple of cards. However, if this is a card I would use exclusively for online purchases, I'd take a look at the Amex.

Having two Synchrony cards, they are decent, especially with CLI. With Chase, it's an HP brick wall - but I'd prefer Chase over Synchrony. Synchrony is decent, but then my experience is with their cobranded MC cards (PayPal and Sam's Club).

I just took a Look at the New Amex Amazon Business Card, looks awesome. do you have to have a business with that card? some of the questions on the app was "How many employees do you have and whats the Business address.  I wonder if I can go for that card

Message 11 of 34
blindambition
Senior Contributor

@The-Credit-Disciple wrote:

Great evening Fico FamSmiley Happy 

I will be apping for one of these cards in early January, I just want to get some feedback from those who have one of these cards. your experience  with the cards will help me make an Informative decision. your Pros and Cons are Very Welcome. I have already missed out on $170 worth of cash back rewards dating back exactly 1 year from today according to Amazon, I shop on Amazon Like crazy, so this card is a must have.

here are my Questions as follows:

Which Bank is better to deal with in your experience using the  Amazon card Card?

Does Chase  Amazon get's frequent CLI?

Does Sync Amazon Store Card get Frequent CLI?

Should I believe the Nightmare reviews about both cards that I have read on Amazon about difficulty in Making Payments?

Which Amazon Card is the toughest to get?

Which Credit Bureau does Sync look at?

Thanks everyone

I bank with Chase, it was a quick approval on Amazon in 2014. There was even a TY for previous banking.

My CLI have been every 2 years like clockwork. Each was doubling previous CL.

Never an issue with payment, but account is with checking. Very easy and immediate.

Message 12 of 34
blindambition
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@The-Credit-Disciple wrote:

Great evening Fico FamSmiley Happy 

I will be apping for one of these cards in early January, I just want to get some feedback from those who have one of these cards. your experience  with the cards will help me make an Informative decision. your Pros and Cons are Very Welcome. I have already missed out on $170 worth of cash back rewards dating back exactly 1 year from today according to Amazon, I shop on Amazon Like crazy, so this card is a must have.

here are my Questions as follows:

Which Bank is better to deal with in your experience using the  Amazon card Card?

Does Chase  Amazon get's frequent CLI?

Does Sync Amazon Store Card get Frequent CLI?

Should I believe the Nightmare reviews about both cards that I have read on Amazon about difficulty in Making Payments?

Which Amazon Card is the toughest to get?

Which Credit Bureau does Sync look at?

Thanks everyone

Hey!

So I only have the Amazon Prime Store Card by Synchrony so I can't really relate to Chase's version but here it goes.

It was fairly easy to get approved for the store card, I had a credit score around 640ish when I was approved and my initial credit line was $800. It was also super easy to ask for credit line increases as right underneath your credit line (on the main page) it has a button to request a credit line increase.

With this card you get 5x back on every transaction but the main feature of this card (at least from my perspective) is that you can finance your purchases interest free in like 6 months, 12 months and so on. I believe that the minimum amount that you have to spend to actually get a transaction financed is $600, then you can pay within 6 months interest free.

Making payments is actually super easy. I don't think that Synchrony has an app (as far as I know - I couldn't find it on the Apple Store) so you have to go online to pay your card but you don't even need to sign in to pay, it is really easy.

I honestly only got this card for the 5x back, specially because I shop a lot at Amazon so, from my perspective, it is worth it but as right now I am working on the minimum spend to get the SUB for the Amex Gold, I've been using that card when shopping at Amazon.com.

PS: You do get an actual card in the mail but it is kinda silly to have it on you anyways as you can only use the Amazon Store card when shopping online, haha!

They do have an app now. It’s been out for about a month. It’s just named Amazon Store Credit on Apple.

Message 13 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@blindambition wrote:

They do have an app now. It’s been out for about a month. It’s just named Amazon Store Credit on Apple.

Hey! 

Thank you, I will definitely download it right now!

Message 14 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don’t have a banking relationship with chase. But, zero issues auto paying each month. Their app is extremely simple to use. I have a physical card, as it’s a visa and I can use it anywhere “visa is accepted”. Overall, it’s a good card through a good company. Most perks are gained by using it for amazon, and any purchases you make outside of amazon, will still benefit you for amazon.

If you tend to buy a ton through amazon and can Make use out the rewards categories outside of amazon, to earn points to spend at amazon. I’d recommend it.

Otherwise, no need to have the card

Rick l
Message 15 of 34
digitek
Established Contributor

I have the Chase Amazon Prime card and picked up the Amex Amazon Prime Business last week, it arrived yesterday.

I went with it for a few reasons.  It has the same 5% or 90 days option, a little better purchase protections, but mainly because it is a business card and therefore doesn't show up on personal credit report.  I personally feel like my personal report is getting a little bloated and this will let me reduce it by one card.

Also, since I was already an Amex customer the app was a soft pull (no inq) and since it goes to business credit report (no effect on AAoA) pretty much a free card, no negative impact to credit report and I got $125 gift card for the holidays to spend.

I legitimately do run an LLC as side business, but you can read around on here that Amex has no problem to approve you for just dreaming about starting your own business.  Just be honest and tell them you have no employees (yet lol) and it is going to be a sole proprietorship (for now).

Just be sure to know since it is a business card it won't really help your personal credit score or report, and to read all the terms, the language is slightly different.

Message 16 of 34
kdm31091
Super Contributor

If things like CLI are important to you, I would go for the Synchrony card. Both the Chase and Sync cards offer 5% on Amazon. The other rewards on the Chase card (2% dining, gas, etc) are irrelevant really since you can get 2% back on all purchases with other products. So since you really should only use it for Amazon anyway, go with Sync. Chase isn't known for being a very accomodating lender in terms of CLI, APR reductions etc.

There really is no need for the physical card if you are just going to use it on Amazon anyway. Again, outside of Amazon, the Chase card is nothing special so there wouldn't be much reason to carry it around.

Message 17 of 34
Hex
Valued Contributor

I have the Sync version. They offer an extra 5% back (total of 10%) on certain items. I got the lastest model LG OLED in August and got $220 back on an $2200 TV. Free shipping and during my state’s tax free weekend. It was pretty nice...
Edit- I just checked the Amazon site and they have the deal on LG there again. There are also other deals some for more then 10%. You might want to check it out.
Message 18 of 34
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned the 5% Whole Foods reward on the Chase card.

Message 19 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have and use both the Sync and Chase version. I've never had an issue making a payment with either and I would imagine that unless you're doing something funky with your payment method it should be fairly smooth. I do bank with Chase so paying that card is as easy as could be. the Syncversion does a mobile app now but I don't use it.

As for CLI's I've only had the Chase card since April and haven't gotten nor asked for an increase. It is a Visa Signature but the SL was $4100. Incontrast I've had the Sync version since July/August of '17. It had a SLof $800 and as of a couple months back it's sitting at 8K.

Both cards were instantapprovals for me but my credit score was heaps better when I apped for the Chase version. Your results may or may not vary.

Sync almost exsclusively pulls Transunion. I do believe that Chase pulled EX for me.

One thing to note, as far as Iunderstand it at this point Chase does not have the special financing feature integrated into their card yet despite their marketing lingo.

I cannot speak for others but the Sync card is also a physical card, or at least it was for me, and is usable at Whole Foods if you're into that sort of thing. The Chase card is just a down right beautiful card. It's metal and for some strange reason I find myself occasionally pulling it from my wallet just to feel on it.

Message 20 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.