Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Amazon Prime VS 5/24 rule?!?!

tag
revjamesl
Valued Contributor

Chase Amazon Prime VS 5/24 rule?!?!

Does Chase Amazon Prime VS count as part of the 5/24 rule? Thanks, in advance.
AMEX Platinum NPSL | Discover It $45.9k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $40.7k |Barclay Arrival+ WEMC $40k | PENFED Platinum Rewards VS $35k | Lowes $35k | BoA Better Balance Rewards $30k | AMEX EDP $25k | Cap 1 QS $23.25k | NASA Platinum $20k | Chase Freedom $15k | Synchrony Haverty's $16.5k | BBVA NBA Rockets AMEX $15k | FNBO AMEX $15k | Citi Diamond Preferred $10.7k | Best Buy $10k | Synchrony Rooms-to-Go $10k | US Bank Cash+ $7.5k | AMEX BCE $6k | Barclay Financing Visa 1k | |

AU on DW Accounts: Discover It $40k I AMEX BCE $30k | Chase Marriot $29.8k |

Credit Scores: 800 EQ/833 TU/831 EX
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Amazon Prime VS 5/24 rule?!?!

Nope! 

Message 2 of 13
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Justagirl73 wrote:

Nope! 

+1..

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

It does not. App away!
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can vouch personally that the 5/24 rule does not apply. I got approved for this card about a month ago and I was at probably 14/24. I also have old baddies reporting and I burned Chase back in 2009. Seems none is their normal rules apply on this card. 

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Its not under 5/24 but it still counts towards 5/24 though right?

Message 6 of 13
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Its not under 5/24 but it still counts towards 5/24 though right?

Yes, it counts towards 5/24, in the same way as other credit cards.   So (as I guess your point is!) it's not "free" from that viewpoint, getting it may prevent you getting another chase card until you fall into 5/24 again

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

There seems to be conflicting info, does the Amazon store card (issued through Synchrony bank) count towards 5/24? Seems like the same 5% without taking the 5/24 ding?
Message 8 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Agreed, been reading a battle a brewing on whether it counts or not but id imagine it would since its a credit card, this case issued by Chase. If i got 4 others plus this in the last 2 yesrs id consider that 5 but maybe thats just me. Best way to beat 5/24 is just enjoy what you have and take a 2 yearr garden nap. That way when you want to apply for something Chase the doors are wide open and no more worries. Wonder how my profile will look in 2 years with no apps for ccs. What a myFicoLand dream Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 13
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Agreed, been reading a battle a brewing on whether it counts or not but id imagine it would since its a credit card, this case issued by Chase. If i got 4 others plus this in the last 2 yesrs id consider that 5 but maybe thats just me. Best way to beat 5/24 is just enjoy what you have and take a 2 yearr garden nap. That way when you want to apply for something Chase the doors are wide open and no more worries. Wonder how my profile will look in 2 years with no apps for ccs. What a myFicoLand dream Smiley Happy

I don't think there is a battle about whether the Chase card counts (it's pretty clear it does, does anyone disagree?)   I think the poster was referring to the Amazon store cord.  Most people here say that store cards (that report) count towards 5/24, a few articles, such as on DoC say they don't if they are purely for use within a store

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.