Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Amazon Prime VS 5/24 rule?!?!

tag
juniornj23
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Amazon Prime VS 5/24 rule?!?!

What is the number for recon on amazon visa
Amex ED (2000) Amex BCE (2000) Amex macys (5000) Amex Gold , VENTURE (5000) MC PLATINUM (600) CAP QUICKSILVERONE (1250) CAP QUICKSILVER (4500) CAP QUICKSILVER (3500) PENFED AMEX (5000) PENFED CASH REWARDS (25,000) PENDFED REWARDS VISA SIGNATURE (20,000) UPROMISE (1000) NFL (4000) OVERSTOCK (2800) HSN (3200) DISCOVER IT(8500) AMAZON PRIME (10000) MARVEL(7000) BOF VISA(2000) BEST BUY VISA CITI (9000) BLISPAY (9000)Amex Magnet (10,000) Uber (3100)

WELCOME TO 100K CLUB . LAST APP 08/29/18 Credit Score 8 TU 720 EQ 705 EX 724

Starting Score: 640
Current Score: 720
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

CARD I want .
Chase Freedom and US cash +

Now back to the garden until 2020
Message 11 of 13
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@longtimelurker wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Agreed, been reading a battle a brewing on whether it counts or not but id imagine it would since its a credit card, this case issued by Chase. If i got 4 others plus this in the last 2 yesrs id consider that 5 but maybe thats just me. Best way to beat 5/24 is just enjoy what you have and take a 2 yearr garden nap. That way when you want to apply for something Chase the doors are wide open and no more worries. Wonder how my profile will look in 2 years with no apps for ccs. What a myFicoLand dream Smiley Happy

I don't think there is a battle about whether the Chase card counts (it's pretty clear it does, does anyone disagree?)   I think the poster was referring to the Amazon store cord.  Most people here say that store cards (that report) count towards 5/24, a few articles, such as on DoC say they don't if they are purely for use within a store

I guess I was confused.. store cards do count again the 5x24 rule as a card is a card whether retail or major.  co-worker was declined chase CSR due to being at 6x24 due to a few store cards in last two years and has a very high fico score as well.

Message 12 of 13
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Agreed, been reading a battle a brewing on whether it counts or not but id imagine it would since its a credit card, this case issued by Chase. If i got 4 others plus this in the last 2 yesrs id consider that 5 but maybe thats just me. Best way to beat 5/24 is just enjoy what you have and take a 2 yearr garden nap. That way when you want to apply for something Chase the doors are wide open and no more worries. Wonder how my profile will look in 2 years with no apps for ccs. What a myFicoLand dream Smiley Happy

I don't think there is a battle about whether the Chase card counts (it's pretty clear it does, does anyone disagree?)   I think the poster was referring to the Amazon store cord.  Most people here say that store cards (that report) count towards 5/24, a few articles, such as on DoC say they don't if they are purely for use within a store

I guess I was confused.. store cards do count again the 5x24 rule as a card is a card whether retail or major.  co-worker was declined chase CSR due to being at 6x24 due to a few store cards in last two years and has a very high fico score as well.

That's what I think but the relevant section of the DoC article (with two DPs where they didn't count): http://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase-524-rule-explained-detail-need-know/

If the card can be used outside of a specific store (e.g it has a payment network such as Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Discover) it will be counted. If it can only be used for a specific store, it will not be counted.

Since that is a link a lot of people check, that may be the source of some of the confusion.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.