cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Amazon Visa Increases Rewards to 5% - LIVE!

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase Amazon Visa Increases Rewards to 5% - LIVE!

@Anonymous wrote:
Article on USA Today states we will be upgraded if and only if we meet all the requirements which one is "having Chase Visa listed as your EXCLUSIVE payment method on Amazon"

or if you lose your card and just call and ask for a replacement card.. for 5% you gotta be a prime member i don't believe you have to have it as your only card on Amazon as I have 15 other cards and sure enough i got the 5%, but amazon prime member.  This is going to be a huge thing.  They will be flooded with applications in the next days/weeks

Message 71 of 185
mrvoicelc
New Contributor

Re: Chase Amazon Visa Plans to Increase Rewards to 5%?

I looked on Amazon at my Chase card and it continued to reflect 3% back...one call to Chase Amazon CS was all it took to find out it would be an automatic upgrade for me to %% being an Amazon Prime member...

Message 72 of 185
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wrote Chase a secure message to ask if a) We will be getting upgraded automatically to the new card and the new cards Terms and b) if we would be getting new cards sent out. I'll let you know what I hear
Message 73 of 185
Anonymous
Not applicable

I checked my Amazon account (https://www.amazon.com/gp/wallet?ie=UTF8&ref_=ya_wallet&) and I saw this. So, I believe current Chase Amazon card holders are automatically eligible for 5% without any action required.

Capture.PNG 

Edit: a word.

Edit 2: Chase account still show 3%. But clicking on the "Learn More" button, redircted Amazon website show 5%. So I am pretty sure current Chase Amazon card holders with Prime membership get 5% automatically.

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Forgot to blank out your name Smiley Happy  --Revelate, myFICO moderator

Edit 3: Fixed Smiley Tongue sorry about that

Message 74 of 185
MASTERNC
Frequent Contributor

@deltatee wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Article on USA Today states we will be upgraded if and only if we meet all the requirements which one is "having Chase Visa listed as your EXCLUSIVE payment method on Amazon"

I posted this link a few pages back, but the fine print on Amazon's website says if "You link a different card account to your Prime membership."  I.e., the card you use to pay your prime membership.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=202109390 

I see that, but I have the Synchrony card selected to pay my Prime fee, and the Visa card still says I will receive 5% back when I look at my wallet.

Message 75 of 185
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Guess I applied too early. Was approved Saturday after a few hours of pending. Smiley Sad

I believe you are still eligible for the 5%.  Hopefully one of the veteran members on here would know

Message 76 of 185
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Guess I applied too early. Was approved Saturday after a few hours of pending. Smiley Sad

I believe you are still eligible for the 5%.  Hopefully one of the veteran members on here would know

I don't see why he/she wouldn't be eligible if all existing members are eligible.

Message 77 of 185
yfan
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I found it.
It looks as though we who have the "Amazon rewards Visa Signature Card" will not be upgraded to the "Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Sig" and that we will only be upgraded to getting 5% back. This means no cool metal card and no card with no FTF.

I was. I just checked my Amazon account and it's showing the new card image and the details have the no FTF and all that stuff.

Works for me!

Message 78 of 185
Anonymous
Not applicable

Applied an hour ago, no instant approval, however just got an email from Chase letting me know I was approved. CL is $5k, which matches my current Amazon Prime store card except at a MUCH lower APR of 14.49%. I've opened more than 5 cards in the past 24 months, and was recently denied for the Reserve due to this, so it looks like the 5/24 rule doesn't apply for this card.

Was hoping for a larger CL, but unlike my store card I'm sure it will grow over time. For me the $70 bonus and the 2% at drug stores make it worth it, my office is next to a CVS. May keep the store card if I need financing in the future, or may cancel, haven't decided yet. You can start using the card on Amazon immediately upon approval.
Message 79 of 185
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you guys think I should apply for it? I do make purchases on Amazon but not a big spender as of lately and I do have a prime account. I closed my Amazon card about 6 months ago because I used my SM but now that's dead. Not sure if it's worth the HP! Smiley Sad

Message 80 of 185
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.