Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Amazon Visa & 5/24? Data Points

tag
MrT_521
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase Amazon Visa & 5/24? Data Points

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Read alot of DP's recently on other sites and certainly appears 5/24 doesn't apply to Amazon and SW.and possibly united card?  Tons of approvals I have seen on amazon cards well over 5/24.  Be interesting to grab our DP's from this site as well.

Reddit subs r/churning and r/CreditCards have some DPs about this. Most of the 5/24 approvals seem to be for the Amazon card, but a few DPs exist for Southwest, United, Hyatt, and IHG cards as well. So far, every single approval I've seen has been for a cobranded card. There are some denials too.

Personal Cards

Business Cards

Debit Cards

FICO 8 Scores (as of Dec 14, 2022)

Message 11 of 71
crystal626
Regular Contributor

I get this card last week. I was 7/24 and approved for 5K but it shows 7500 on the Chase page. I saw the $200 gift card and decided to tryit. 

The pre-qualified kept saying Experian was frozen but I never frozen reports??

They just did one pull from the Experian. Score around 770. Income $25K. 

Message 12 of 71
wingennis
Valued Contributor

Approved today just for the data point.  I was 8/24 now 9/24.  I have no other Chase cards.

Message 13 of 71
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@wingennis wrote:

Approved today just for the data point.  I was 8/24 now 9/24.  I have no other Chase cards.

Thanks for the DPs @wingennis and @crystal626  -- for the purpose of capturing some DPs on here, can you provide or list the 7 or 8 accounts (with their age -- month/year obtained). 

Wingennis - was your application submitted via the pre-qualification tool or a cold app?

Message 14 of 71
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Message 15 of 71
wingennis
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@wingennis wrote:

Thanks for the DPs @wingennis and @crystal626  -- for the purpose of capturing some DPs on here, can you provide or list the 7 or 8 accounts (with their age -- month/year obtained). 

Wingennis - was your application submitted via the pre-qualification tool or a cold app?

Cold app while I was on Amazon.  I opened BCP, Doublecash, PenFed Gold, Alaska Airlines, Evergreen, Custom Cash, Aspiration Zero, Venture X, Amazon since February 2020.  

Message 16 of 71
Beast26
Frequent Contributor

I'm 5/24 and I pre-qualified through the link.  Scared to pull trigger though. 1 card in last 6 months.

Revolving history: 2 years 4months across the board
AAoA:
TU: 5yrs 10months
EX: 2yrs 2 months
EQ: ~5yrs 6 months
Inquiries: Ex: 1/12. EQ: 1/12 Tu: 1/12
As of 10-5-2020

Quicksilver $3,000
Discover It Miles $17,500
Chase Freedom Flex $4,400
Amazon Prime Store Card $6,000
Walmart MC $2,500
Wells Fargo Active Cash $8,000
Citi Custom Cash $8,400
Verizon Visa $20,000
Message 17 of 71
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

I cold app'ed for mine after the pre-qual constantly stating that I had EX frozen. (I had defrosted EX & TU as they seem to be what Chase is using lately.)

At 7/24 currently according to account opening dates on Experian.com. EX Fico 8 = 784 was HP'ed. 4 inquiries on EX, now 5.

UTL = $112 of $294,300 in open lines. AZE3, AAoA 3Y7M, AoOA 15Y4M, DTI = 14% per Experian.com. No derogs. Annual Income ~$200K

Spend on existing Chase cards ~$3500-$5000/month.

SL $35K (Highest SL so far).

Message 18 of 71
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for the DPs for those who have been approved and provided their info.

It appears the current trend so far (reported here and elsewhere), a variety of these 5/24 'bypass' approvals are within the 5-9 count. By the same token, similar instances have been reported with denials citing the 5/24 reason alone. I haven't seen any 10/24 (or greater) clearing the 5/24 'hurdle' as of yet 🤷🏼‍♂️, but these are very interesting developments so far!

Unfortunately, I can't test it myself since I already have the card (right before it became part of 5/24) plus it's doubtul they'll consider a twin even if I switched it to the Whole Foods Visa version.

Message 19 of 71
macinjosh
Senior Contributor

My current data point. Called in to do verification this am after apping on wednesday. I'm 10/24, thought I was 9/24. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I'm also 2/6 if that may have any bearing as to why I wasn't flat rejected.

Current status says 7-10 days. I won't be surprised if I get denied, but I'm staying hopeful. I'll keep you all aprised.

Samsung Financing TD Bank $3,200

Message 20 of 71
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.