Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Amazon Visa & 5/24? Data Points

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase Amazon Visa & 5/24? Data Points

@calyx wrote:

The Siren Song of $200 at Amazon was too much (my poor, poor spade)

I tried the PreQual earlier, and it said "no"
Applied anyway.

Instant Approval - 

I'm 7/24 (a week away from 5/24), 3/12, and 2/6

HPs:  EQ & EX

Thanks for the DPs @calyx and congrats 😀 It's ok, you'll get your spade back.

I'd say, given the recent developments with being able to bypass the 5/24 restriction for a variety of cases, it was worthwhile. Conversely, I've noticed quite a few number of denials with similar DPs (i.e. no negatives, <10/24, with or w/o prior Chase relationship) 🤷‍♂️

Message 31 of 71
calyx
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@calyx wrote:

Applied anyway.

Instant Approval - 

I'd say, given the recent developments with being able to bypass the 5/24 restriction for a variety of cases, it was worthwhile. Conversely, I've noticed quite a few number of denials with similar DPs (i.e. no negatives, <10/24, with or w/o prior Chase relationship) 🤷‍♂️

Thanks @FinStar - unlike some others, I'm not too afraid to "waste" an INQ or two, so I figured "why not?"  The worst that could happen was a couple of hard pulls.    I definitely feel better about applying than calling about a CLI on my Freedom - now I have plenty for some CL redistribution.

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 32 of 71
wingennis
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@calyx wrote:

Applied anyway.

Instant Approval - 

I didn't think about some of this.  I'm not sure if it will be helpful for your data points or not but I do have a Chase checking account.  Never had any other credit cards with them.  They've been telling me I'm not worthy since forever.

Message 33 of 71
calyx
Super Contributor

@kekrre wrote:

9/24 and 3/12. Instant approval for $12k. Similar to above, prequal link said I was not prequalified. 737 EX FICO. Total Chase limit at 50.1% of income. I mention this because historically, it has seemed like Chase likes to keep things below 40%, 50% at the max -- I don't know if 0.1% over this limit is considered significant or not. This makes me wonder if the conspiracies about Chase and/or Amazon beefing up the Amazon limits (for whatever purpose) are true. Or, we're all exploiting a bug and we're all going to get shut down like Adam Business Platinums.

Some additional stats:

• Former Chase checking customer (not current)
  • Chase credit card customer since 2012
  • Last Chase card is from Oct 2020

Chase credit card customer, former loan customer (subaru), and this card puts me at ~60% of my reported income 🤷‍♀️

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 34 of 71
macinjosh
Senior Contributor

I'm going to go ahead and say that I have a 90% chance that my app is a denial. It's still "pending" as of this morning. I give up, lol. I'll just tuck my tail between my legs and go back and hide in the garden.

I was 10/24, 2/6, 2/9, & 4/12 at time of app. 36 Inq's in the last 2 years, 3 in the last 3, 9 in the last 6 months, and 21 in the last 12 months.

Samsung Financing TD Bank $3,200

Message 35 of 71
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@macinjosh   what was the original timeline before changing to 7-10 days? 

Message 36 of 71
macinjosh
Senior Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

@macinjosh   what was the original timeline before changing to 7-10 days? 

@Remedios, on the application completion page, it showed 30 days, but when I called the status line, it has been 7-10 since. Even after I called for verification. Of course, it probably didn't help that I asked for an address change when I called in to verify so anything would go to my PO Box instead. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Samsung Financing TD Bank $3,200

Message 37 of 71
icednightpaper
Regular Contributor

I'll throw my quick DP in here too.

7/24 | 2/12 | 1/6
~740 FICO
HP TU & EX
No DDA relationship, 2 CCs with Chase
Chase CL about 25% of income

Instant Approval for $13.4k! ($5k displayed upon approval, Chase account lists full amount)

I'm shocked in all actuality, this practically doubled my Chase exposure, and falls in line with many other DPs about Chase being real generous with the Amazon portfolio this year. Unfortunately this means I won't be able to go for a Chase card next year like I had hoped, but I will definitely take it.
Message 38 of 71
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

just put my approval in the section with my generous Amazon number. I guess they are allowing exceptions on the Amazon card

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Amazon-rainforest-approval/td-p/6451393

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 39 of 71
bigseegar
Established Contributor

I'll go ahead and add my experience. My original post in a different thread is below also with my basic DP's related to this app. I applied this past Monday (11/29) morning. After the notorious long spinning that online credit cards apps do sometimes lol, I did not receive Instant Approval and got the 30 Day Notice instead. I called the 800# and it said "app was under review and I'd hear in 30 days". later that day I called back and the "you' will hear from us within 2 Weeks" had been added. As of today 4 days later I've heard nothing from Chase or Amazon and thats still the message I get 2 Weeks. I know most indicators are that the 2 Week message is good and usually an approval and I hope it is. BUT given my number of INQ's over 6, 12 and 24 I'm expecting to hear that 2 Weeks message changed to 7-10 Days any time now. 

Side Note: I do already have the Amazon Prime Store card with a $7,500 CL and have had it for 2 years with heavy use and PIF. So I'm not even sure if you can have both. Also it was a Double Pull (Equifax and Experian) which dropped my Experian score 10 points

Seeing all of these +5/24 approvals here and on another forum and having seen a couple whose DP were 12/24 and 18/24 makes me want to pull the trigger myself. But even though all my scores are 700's+ and my CC usage is at 4% with 8 inq across the board I'm hesitate to apply because I'm also at 12/24 and 8 in last 6 months. Mainly because I added 3 more AmEx cards and the Verizon Visa Signature. I know it's a crap shoot, but Thoughts?

Doo it. Dooo it. 😈

Do it for science.

Message 40 of 71
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.