Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Amazon Visa & 5/24? Data Points

tag
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

Re: Is Chase relaxing its 5/24?

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

Could be as simple as Amazon telling Chase they aren't approving enough people. With Amazon cutting ties with Visa elsewhere, that would be a blow to Chase.

If so, long overdue. This policy has never made sense for cobrands and perhaps the right conversation finally took place on that front.

I am too chicken to apply today (9/24 this month, but probably still count as 10/24 since they may want to wait until the following month for that count) but will give it a shot in February when I will be 8/24 and 3/12. I will be 4/24 in May and 3/24 in June, so I really could just wait, but I'm curious now. Thanks for posting this thread.

FICO Resilience Index: 64. Cards: 5/24, 2/12, 2/6. Accounts including loans: 8/24, 4/12, 3/6. Card CLs total $213,900, or $240,400 including the AU card. Cards (oldest to newest)

Authorized user / Corporate / Auto loans / Personal loan
Message 41 of 71
macinjosh
Senior Contributor

Well, it's Saturday, and my application is still pending. I guess I should take it as a good sign. When I get the letter in the mail, hopefully by Monday, I'll call and see what they want, and then if it's approved, I'll post in the appropriate section.

Samsung Financing TD Bank $3,200

Message 42 of 71
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@macinjosh wrote:

Well, it's Saturday, and my application is still pending. I guess I should take it as a good sign. When I get the letter in the mail, hopefully by Monday, I'll call and see what they want, and then if it's approved, I'll post in the appropriate section.

Thanks for the update on the pending application @macinjosh. Keep us posted either way.

Message 43 of 71
mau471
Contributor

Re: Chase Amazon Visa & 5/24? Data Points

I was 10/24, 6/12. 1/6 and approved for for $3,500. I also burned chase in BK in 2015. Wish it was a higher SL but I will take it.

Message 44 of 71
bigseegar
Established Contributor

UPDATE: I applied on Monday 11/29 and was not an Instant Approval. Called and got the 30 Day message. Later that day the Message was still the 30 Day message but "you will receive a decision in appx 2 weeks" had been added. It was that way until this morning (Monday 12/06) when it changed. The 30 Day message is no longer there, just a very short "Thank you for applying you will receive our decision in appx 2 weeks" is all that it say's now. My USPS Informed Delivery shows no mail today from Chase either still. No idea at all where that leaves me. IGuess we'll see but I'm still thinking denial or that message will turn to 7-10 days soon (even though it's already been a week) due to new cards.

Message 45 of 71
notmyrealname23
Established Contributor

Denied for too many cards, current status LOL/24.

So much for that. Once they bring in store codes to Whole Foods (if they do) I might just use my Sync Amazon card... possibly wouldn't need the Chase one.

First Tech FCU Choice Rewards World MC 35k | AMEX Hilton Aspire 17.5k | Chase Southwest Priority Visa 15.5k | AMEX Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant 15k | Bilt Rewards MC 14k | Capital One Venture X 13k | Fidelity VISA Signature 11.5k | Citi AA Platinum Select 11.9k | Charles Schwab AMEX Platinum NPSL | Amex Platinum (I know) NPSL | Amex Gold NPSL | Citi Premier 8.9k | Chase Fredom Unlimited 9k | SoFi MC World Elite 8k | Capital One SavorOne 7.5k | PayPal Synchrony MC 6.4k | Citi Custom Cash 6.9k | DiscoverIt Cashback 5k | Amazon/Synchrony 5k | Hotels.com 5k | AMEX Delta Gold 3k | Apple Card 3k | Target 800 | Ch 13 filed 12/13 discharged as paid 1/19
Message 46 of 71
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@notmyrealname23 wrote:

So much for that. Once they bring in store codes to Whole Foods (if they do) I might just use my Sync Amazon card... possibly wouldn't need the Chase one.

When you say LOL/24, what's the LOL count @notmyrealname23?

You can purchase Whole Foods GCs and still get 5% on your SYNCB Amazon Prime CC btw.

Message 47 of 71
notmyrealname23
Established Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@notmyrealname23 wrote:

When you say LOL/24, what's the LOL count @notmyrealname23?

You can purchase Whole Foods GCs and still get 5% on your SYNCB Amazon Prime CC btw.

7 AMEX

3 Sync

1 SoFi

1 Discover

1 Apple Card 

1 Wells Fargo

1 FirstTech

1 Citi

and a partridge in a pear tree.

First Tech FCU Choice Rewards World MC 35k | AMEX Hilton Aspire 17.5k | Chase Southwest Priority Visa 15.5k | AMEX Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant 15k | Bilt Rewards MC 14k | Capital One Venture X 13k | Fidelity VISA Signature 11.5k | Citi AA Platinum Select 11.9k | Charles Schwab AMEX Platinum NPSL | Amex Platinum (I know) NPSL | Amex Gold NPSL | Citi Premier 8.9k | Chase Fredom Unlimited 9k | SoFi MC World Elite 8k | Capital One SavorOne 7.5k | PayPal Synchrony MC 6.4k | Citi Custom Cash 6.9k | DiscoverIt Cashback 5k | Amazon/Synchrony 5k | Hotels.com 5k | AMEX Delta Gold 3k | Apple Card 3k | Target 800 | Ch 13 filed 12/13 discharged as paid 1/19
Message 48 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding my info in as I was approved for this card in early November of this year. My scores are at the time of approval were in 630-640 range. I was 9/24 due to a business loan in March, a mortgage app in April and several new cards since Fall 2020. I did the prequal app and was approved so went through and came back approved for $2000 on the Chase Amazon card. I only stepped out of the garden for that bc I had a big purchase I wanted to see if I could finance. After that within a few days I spree app'd for Target RedCard, Ulta, Apple Card and got approved on all. Heading back into the garden for at least year now lol. I'm now at 11/24 and scores in 650 range from the new accounts and paying down utilization on others

Message 49 of 71
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Chase is still 2/30, correct? 

Message 50 of 71
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.