Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Amazon Visa & 5/24? Data Points

tag
macinjosh
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase Amazon Visa & 5/24? Data Points

Well, to give an update, my rejection letter stated I have too many recent inquiries. I don't know if I should try to recon it or not. At least its a new rejection reason, and not based on increased balances on my cards in the last few months.

Samsung Financing TD Bank $3,200

Message 61 of 71
dthaha
Valued Member

Approved for the card in November at 7/24. $3K SL. Nothing came up on the pre-qualifier.

Current Cards:

Sock Drawer:

Goal Cards:
Message 62 of 71
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

Does Chase plan to ease slightly its 5/24 rule anytime soon?

Fico8: EX~EQ~TU~810 (12 month goal~840).
BOA (CCR, UCR), Chase (CFF, CSP, Amazon, CIC, CIU), US Bank (Cash+, AR, Go, Ralphs), Discover, Citi (CCC, DC, SYW), Amex (BCP, HH, Biz Gold, BBC, BBP), Affinity CR, Cap1(Walmart), Barclay View.
Message 63 of 71
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

@xenon3030 wrote:

I don't think they've made any statements about it.

My guess is that the message is getting through on cobrands. 5/24 has never made sense for cobrands. It is at odds with the purpose of a cobrand.

But, my guess is that they'll stick to it for core cards.

FICO Resilience Index: 64. Cards: 5/24, 2/12, 2/6. Accounts including loans: 8/24, 4/12, 3/6. Card CLs total $213,900, or $240,400 including the AU card. Cards (oldest to newest)

Authorized user / Corporate / Auto loans / Personal loan
Message 64 of 71
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@KJinNC wrote:

@xenon3030 wrote:

My guess is that the message is getting through on cobrands. 5/24 has never made sense for cobrands. It is at odds with the purpose of a cobrand.

I'm not so convinced!   Yes, cobrands want people to get the card, but only if customers are really going to use it (unless Chase absorbs ALL the costs, so even $1 spend every 6 months brings say 1c in!)   Suppose that cutoff was 100/24, I think we would mainly agree that such a person probably isn't going to be spending much on a new card.   5/24 seems very low for people here, but in the wider world that's probably close to 100/24 here "Why would you need so many cards?"

Message 65 of 71
Kp629
Valued Member

Just to add my DP's- I was just approved with 5/24 at $4,100SL. I was preapproved when using the tool in the Amazon app.

Message 66 of 71
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

@Kp629 wrote:

Just to add my DP's- I was just approved with 5/24 at $4,100SL. I was preapproved when using the tool in the Amazon app.

What tool is that?

Message 67 of 71
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@bigpoppa09 wrote:

@Kp629 wrote:

What tool is that?

@bigpoppa09 - please reference the thread below for additional insight:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Chase-Amazon-Amazon-com-Pre-qualify-Link/m-p/6393905

Message 68 of 71
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@bigpoppa09 wrote:

@Kp629 wrote:

What tool is that?

@bigpoppa09 - please reference the thread below for additional insight:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Chase-Amazon-Amazon-com-Pre-qualify-Link/m-p/6393905

@FINSTAR👍

Message 69 of 71
Remedios
Credit Mentor

I no longer have prequalify link, which I attributed (perhaps erroneously) to having the card.

However, it's not present in my daughter's account either, only "Apply" button.  

Too bad, I liked checking to see if Mama Chase mad at me 😐

Message 70 of 71
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.