Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Amazon Visa is about to get better

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Chase Amazon Visa is about to get better

@CreditCuriositywrote:

Yep just got that.. Chase Visa is going to be more awesome that it already is!  5% plus 0% financing it appears..  So what is sync going to do, suppose there is room for both players.  Definitely shots fired at synchrony on this one as it clearly beats Sync out if 0% financing and 5% back.  Time to move some of my CL's over to this card for some purchases at my new house Smiley Happy.

edit:  Just realized no 5% back when I read more on promotional financing.  certainly rather still use this card than Sync's personally.

I missed the no cash back too, despite it being bolded in the letter!   I think that reduces the value quite a bit.   With Blispay, do you still get the 2% back with financing?

Message 11 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool and good to know.  Are they informing card holders of this via email, snail mail, or when accessing the account?

Message 12 of 98
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymouswrote:

Cool and good to know.  Are they informing card holders of this via email, snail mail, or when accessing the account?

snail mail

Message 13 of 98
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@longtimelurkerwrote:

@CreditCuriositywrote:

Yep just got that.. Chase Visa is going to be more awesome that it already is!  5% plus 0% financing it appears..  So what is sync going to do, suppose there is room for both players.  Definitely shots fired at synchrony on this one as it clearly beats Sync out if 0% financing and 5% back.  Time to move some of my CL's over to this card for some purchases at my new house Smiley Happy.

edit:  Just realized no 5% back when I read more on promotional financing.  certainly rather still use this card than Sync's personally.

I missed the no cash back too, despite it being bolded in the letter!   I think that reduces the value quite a bit.   With Blispay, do you still get the 2% back with financing?

Yes you do still get 2% back on 6 month financing although if one wants to say carry a 75 inch oled tv at 18 months at 0% financing the amazon visa certainly can handle this assuming you have the CL or can reallocate some from other chase cards where-as blispay is 6 month 0% financing if you can pay off said purchase in that period of time and assuming your blispay CL is large enough for said purchase.

Message 14 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jlitnnswrote:

So, there won't be any point to my Amazon Store Card anymore? And sacrifice the 5% CB. I hardly every have used this because I like the 5% CB but still a cool feature.

Robot Very Happy

If you want an Amazon card but don't have a good prospect of getting the Chase card (like me because I burned Chase in BK several years ago), then yeah, there's still a role for the Amazon Store Card, and I've used it quite frequently even though I couldn't get any CLI's until I'd had the card a year or so and my TU's had pushed up past 660 (SL $800, now $6000).

Message 15 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wonder where you will choose the financing. On the Amazon purchase or on Chase after the purchase posts.

Anyone seen the new detail on the transaction when looking at the charge the Chase site? It shows you what you ordered for that particular charge.

Message 16 of 98
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

The letter says "we MAY offer one or more of these promotional financing options above on qualifying purchases....."    So I wonder if a particular person will always see these offers, or if it is sometimes not option (even if above $50).  

Message 17 of 98
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

The differences I see between the Chase and Sync cards:

• The Sync card is deferred interest while Chase isn't.
  • If interest kicks in on the Chase card, it's at one's regular APR rather than a super-high deferred interest APR.
Message 18 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

Anyone seen the new detail on the transaction when looking at the charge the Chase site? It shows you what you ordered for that particular charge.

I just looked on mine, and it doesn't show order details directly, but it does provide a link to the corresponding order on Amazon's site, where detail can be viewed.  It also shows the reward points earned for the transaction.

Maybe it's different for more recent orders?  My last Amazon order was on 3/14.

Message 19 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

I just looked on mine, and it doesn't show order details directly, but it does provide a link to the corresponding order on Amazon's site, where detail can be viewed.  It also shows the reward points earned for the transaction.

Maybe it's different for more recent orders?  My last Amazon order was on 3/14.

That is what I meant...sorry. It links you back to Amazon.

Message 20 of 98
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.