Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Amazon Visa

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Amazon Visa

Im thinking of applying for the chase bank amazon visa. On the website it says its available as a visa or signature visa. If I apply how do they decide which I qualify for or do I need to apply and request an upgrade?
I'm not really sure how the visa / signature visa deal works.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
somnipotent
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase Amazon Visa

Depends on the limit you get.  5k+ should be a VisaSig, but I'd call the backdoor if approved and request it if you really want it. 

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx Costco ($8.2K) | AmEx Delta Gold ($19.3K) | AmEx BCE ($5K) | Chase United Explorer ($10K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7.5K) | Chase Freedom ($8.2K) | Discover it ($3K) | Capital One Quicksilver ($2.5K) | PayPal Extras ($2.5K) | Lowes ($3.3K) | Walmart ($4.3K) | Amazon ($2.5K) | Restoration Hardware ($8.8K) | Crate & Barrel ($8.3K)
--
Homeowner since 05/29/13
Message 2 of 5
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Omaplatypus wrote:

Depends on the limit you get.  5k+ should be a VisaSig, but I'd call the backdoor if approved and request it if you really want it. 

+1

Won't be a siggy unless it is 5k+

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

The reason I ask is because if you get the signature visa they offer you a significantly lower interest rate.
What's the deal with the reporting of a visa signature card? I have been reading a lot of information about the card and don't really understand how it reports differently than regular cards.
Message 4 of 5
brother7
Established Contributor

I applied last week for the Chase Amazon VISA. I didn't realize there were 2 types until I read this post. Logged onto Amazon and discovered I was approved for the VISA Signature! I still don't know what my credit limit is. Guess I'll have to wait to receive the card.

I wonder which CRA they pulled. Since I didn't get a ScoreWatch or CreditKarma alert, I'm guessing that they pulled EX.

04/01/2020 - EX 849 (Credit Scorecard EX FICO® Score 8, range 300-850)
02/20/2020 - TU 850 (Discover TU FICO® Score 8, range 300-850)
03/24/2020 - EQ 884 (Citi EQ FICO® Bankcard Score 8, range 250-900)
GOAL - 800! - App free since 11/22/2017
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.