Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Amazon card

tag
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

Chase Amazon card

I'm really interested in the Chase Amazon card (for 8 months, I've finally stayed a Prime Member and love it).   Issue is, I'm LOL/24 and it'll be a bit before I'm under that.  I have the CSP with a CL of 22.6k and I have $500 of my paycheck diverted monthly into a Chase Total Rewards checking account, largely to establish the relationship & get in-branch approval for the CSP while even more LOL/24.

I have the Prime Store Card--the only store card that I have ever had--but I can't seem to get approved for the Amazon card.  I've done some lurking and noticed that Chase is now heavily & in-writing focusing on the 5/24 rule.... are there any potential work-arounds for a branded card like the Amazon card?  It's the only card still on my wishlist.   

Thanks in advance!

[EDIT:  What I'm looking at is the Chase Amazon Prime.]

What I use (& strongly recommend): Chase Sapphire Reserve | BofA/ML (Premium Rewards VS, Cash Rewards VS, Merrill+ VS) | AmEx (Amazon Prime Business)

What I have: NFCU | PenFed | General Electric CU | Wright Patt CU | Discover | BBVA | Apple Card (GS)

Total CL with Bank of America = $100,000 (Platinum Honors Merrill Client). I am a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner, so feel free to message me if you have any planning/credit questions.

EQ 759, EX 765, TU 771 (06/10/2022)

I started with scores in the 400s in 2016. This forum is a Godsend--focus on the journey, be patient, and you'll definitely get there no matter the circumstances!

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Amazon card

Can say that I have never heard of someone actually succesfully beating Chase's 5/24 rule.

Message 2 of 27
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

@cashorcharge wrote:

Can say that I have never heard of someone actually succesfully beating Chase's 5/24 rule.

I did early last year in-branch after having a several-months-long history of direct deposit with them (still intact), but that was for a card directly from Chase. 

Anyhow- I appreciate the feedback!  Perhaps I'll have to be patient (not a strong suit of mine) and just wait...  I actually think I'm 8/24 after looking at MyFICO quarterly 3B report.

What I use (& strongly recommend): Chase Sapphire Reserve | BofA/ML (Premium Rewards VS, Cash Rewards VS, Merrill+ VS) | AmEx (Amazon Prime Business)

What I have: NFCU | PenFed | General Electric CU | Wright Patt CU | Discover | BBVA | Apple Card (GS)

Total CL with Bank of America = $100,000 (Platinum Honors Merrill Client). I am a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner, so feel free to message me if you have any planning/credit questions.

I started with scores in the 400s in 2016. This forum is a Godsend--focus on the journey, be patient, and you'll definitely get there no matter the circumstances!

Message 3 of 27
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

There's the AMEX business prime as well. 

Message 4 of 27
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

In-branch preapprovals, as well as "green check mark" and "black star" offers in both your Chase online account and Chase Credit Journey will overcome 5/24.  Unfortunately I have not heard of the Amazon card being one of the few cobranded cards that will show up.

The Amex business card is a good option, although depending on how much your Amazon spend is, there is a cap on the 5% earnings.

Message 5 of 27
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

In-branch preapprovals, as well as "green check mark" and "black star" offers in both your Chase online account and Chase Credit Journey will overcome 5/24.  Unfortunately I have not heard of the Amazon card being one of the few cobranded cards that will show up.

Come to think of it, I have never read/heard of The Chase Amazon Prime Visa bypassing the 5/24.

Glad I got mine years ago, before I knew what a 5/24 wasSmiley Tongue

IIRC, it was one of my (3) APP's in about 10 years.

Yes I gardened for 10 years. (not knowing what gardening wasSmiley LOL)

Message 6 of 27
Veronik2019
Contributor

Hello, I opened a chase freedom unlimited back in April 2020. I had opened 8 credit card accounts in the last 8 months. My Ex score was 676 from my 3b report on April 11th. I applied on April 18th. Approved instantly. I was at 40% utilization overall, carrying a balance close to $14k across 10 credit card accounts out of 14 accounts total. 

Message 7 of 27
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Come to think of it, I have never read/heard of The Chase Amazon Prime Visa bypassing the 5/24.

Glad I got mine years ago, before I knew what a 5/24 wasSmiley Tongue

IIRC, it was one of my (3) APP's in about 10 years.

Yes I gardened for 10 years. (not knowing what gardening wasSmiley LOL)

@M_Smart007  We'll give you an honorary Diamond retroactively. Smiley Wink Diamond GIFs | Tenor

Message 8 of 27
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

Also if you have the Discover IT + Chase Freedom, you most likely will have Amazon at 5% half the year (capped though). 

that is not guaranteed though..

Message 9 of 27
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

@randomguy1 wrote:

Also if you have the Discover IT + Chase Freedom, you most likely will have Amazon at 5% half the year (capped though). 

that is not guaranteed though..

Excellent point-- I have the Discover IT, I just never use it.  I also really like the idea of an Amazon Prime VS being my back-up daily driver as I still spend quite a bit going out, though considerably less since Covid.  For now, the CSP gets that spend--I will say that I'm incredibly happy with the CSP, what a wonderful card for the price.

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.