Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Amazon vs Store Card

@onstar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@onstar wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
i have both and the chase amazon is SD'd for good lol.

Move limit to freedom?

Does Chase make you wait xx months before you can move limits?

My Chase Amazon is like 8 months old. Can I move limits to my Marriott which is 6 months old?

Back on topic, yeah, the Chase Amazon is MOSTLY useless. IT IS USEFUL in the following instances:

(1) To pay for the Amazon Prime membership. The $99 AF cannot be paid for by the Amazon Store Card. Why? Weird. Dunno.

(2) They sometimes have specials where you save $ by using the Chase Amazon Visa. On the otherwise lame Amazon Prime Day, they had a promo code for $20 off $100 if you used the Chase Amazon Visa.

To your (1) You can use Sallie Mae or Amex BCP to buy $99 Amazon gift and spend it on Prime for 5% or 6% back respectively.

You can't use a GC to pay for Prime AF. It has to be a "regular" credit card.

But sure, you can use SM to pay for the AF and get 5% from the bookstore category. (EDIT per 2011XTERROR comment below.)

This thread is a comparison between Amazon Visa & Amazon Store card, whether the former has any advantage over the latter. I just gave two instances where this is true.

Haha. Remembered this thread and bringing it back from the dead.

Use GC to buy the gift of Prime and gift it to yourself! If you already have Prime, you have to let Prime expire before you can use this trick I read.

Message 31 of 37
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

@ddemari wrote:

When I was approved for Chase Amazon it was $500 dollar approval. I had a personal banker call Chase and ask them to match my lowest limit card and they did bump it up to 4k no HP.

It's weird, the amazon visa was extremely hard to obtain before I was let into Chase with other cards. 

It was the hardest one to obtain.  Why?

Message 32 of 37
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Saleen099 wrote:

@ddemari wrote:

When I was approved for Chase Amazon it was $500 dollar approval. I had a personal banker call Chase and ask them to match my lowest limit card and they did bump it up to 4k no HP.

It's weird, the amazon visa was extremely hard to obtain before I was let into Chase with other cards. 

For some this card is harder to get for whatever reason.. Different UW?  Others that have 750+'s probably don't have an issue at all.

Message 33 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah i had to recon to get my chase amazon lol
Message 34 of 37
onstar
Established Contributor

That is odd.

I got the Southwest & Amazon with the lowest scores (<650).

Then came Slate pretty easily.

For me, the hardest to get were the Marriott & IHG.

BK DC 4/9/2018
FICO 08 (4/9/2018): EQ 647 EX 609 TU 620
FICO 08 (10/16/2020): EQ 676 EX 659 TU 653
Message 35 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Saleen099 wrote:

@ddemari wrote:

For some this card is harder to get for whatever reason.. Different UW?  Others that have 750+'s probably don't have an issue at all.

Weird. I had 680-710 with baddies. First Chase card I was given.

Message 36 of 37
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Dunno YMMV as alof of us had issues with Amazon Visa as it was supposed to be their easiest and alot of us found out this wasn't true.  Was able to get Freedom/CSP without issue, but Amazon nope..  Crazy isn't it..  Oh well will take Freedom/CSP about 1000x's over Amazon Visa, was just at time trying to get foot in door with chase by the amazon method, but ended up better getting rejected as have the best card combo they offer imo.

Message 37 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.