Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Amazon

tag
ItchyAppFingers
New Contributor

Re: Chase Amazon

@ colindidit > the Chase Amazon card also comes in Bright lime green and Black. Check the amazon website. Also I have the Amazon Visa and I find it pretty convenient. I shop quite often on amazon and I tend to rack up the points on my card rather quickly but the reward points are nothing to get too excited about unless you are a big amazon shopper and spend alot there thats the only way I see the card being the most useful. (3x points) I use my Amazon Visa in others places other then amazon as well and get 1 point for every dollar I spend. So far I racked up 1,789 points so that amounts to = $17.89. Lol. Thats Amazon visa for you. Smiley Tongue
My Current Plastic: {Amazon Store Card} {Amazon Visa} {Amex Zync} {Amex Gold PRG} {Amex BCE} {Bloomingdales} {BOA 123 Cash Rewards} {Capital One Platinum Visa} {Chase Freedom Visa} {Discover IT} {Kohls} {Macy's} {Nordstrom} {SonyCard Visa} {Target RedCard}
Message 21 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@YahComb wrote:

were you around in the 90s? Amazon was born as an online competitor to Borders and Barnles and Nobles. As time went on they just became a Bookstore + and now they compete with Wal-mart. Their MCC has been bookstore for who knows how long.

@Anonymous wrote:

It doesn't. 

Only reason why Amazon is 5 TYPs is because Citi considers it a bookstore. I wonder when that will change soon Smiley Frustrated

I'm actually a 90's kid currently in college, so I buy a lot more than just books from Amazon. I had no idea they were originally meant to be a bookstore. I thought they were just a competitor to Walmart, but much more convenient.

I guess this makes the Forward one of the best cards for a college kid. Smiley Very Happy I wonder if Thankyou points will be worth as much as the 1:1 cashback you receive with the Chase Amazon card, which I have now.

Message 22 of 23
kc12286
Frequent Contributor

@ItchyAppFingers wrote:
@ colindidit > the Chase Amazon card also comes in Bright lime green and Black. Check the amazon website. Also I have the Amazon Visa and I find it pretty convenient. I shop quite often on amazon and I tend to rack up the points on my card rather quickly but the reward points are nothing to get too excited about unless you are a big amazon shopper and spend alot there thats the only way I see the card being the most useful. (3x points) I use my Amazon Visa in others places other then amazon as well and get 1 point for every dollar I spend. So far I racked up 1,789 points so that amounts to = $17.89. Lol. Thats Amazon visa for you. Smiley Tongue

I actually like the 3x system that Amazon offers. And I generally prefer points to cash back. Of the points cards I had, the best one was the Commerce Bank card. Right as they were merging with TD, the points terms would have changed and would have actually increased IF it had stayed as a Commerce Bank card. But the TD changeover meant the points system was actually decreasing.

Now my best card is Amazon. And second to that is Discover.

In the Garden Club since: 07/05/2017

6/9/2008-TransUnion-703
6/9/2008-Equifax-712
6/9/2008 Experian-635

2/16/2011 Transunion - 675
3/11/2011 Equifax - 688
5/13/2011 Equifax - 704
5/28/2011 Equifax - 704
5/28/2011 Transunion - 724
Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.