Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Amazon

tag
xiownthisplacex
Frequent Contributor

Chase Amazon

I have 3 cards from Chase already: United was my first, then CSP and got the Select back in Sept because of the hidden TL Smiley Happy CLs are 5k, 9.5k and 5k.

I do a lot of shopping on amazon. Is their amazon card worth getting? Also, is it too soon for me to apply? Would they even let me get a fourth card with them? I don't want to waste a HP if the odds are against me.

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
bs6054
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Amazon

@xiownthisplacex wrote:

I have 3 cards from Chase already: United was my first, then CSP and got the Select back in Sept because of the hidden TL Smiley Happy CLs are 5k, 9.5k and 5k.

I do a lot of shopping on amazon. Is their amazon card worth getting? Also, is it too soon for me to apply? Would they even let me get a fourth card with them? I don't want to waste a HP if the odds are against me.

Citi Forward is better for Amazon, not sure how available it is as it disappeared from their site last few days.

Message 2 of 23
colindidit
Established Contributor

I haven't used it on amazon yet but you get points to use on amazon... 3x more when you shop on amazon... Does anyone else who has this have the diff colors? I have the blue and wanted to know if there was difference in colors lol

Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 3 of 23
Jake0215
Frequent Contributor

I just got my 4th chase card, amazon. No problem getting approved. It had been 6 months since freedom though.

Starting Score: 617 EQ 10-17-11
Current Score: EQ 767 TU 769 EX 749 (all FICO but who really knows?)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 23
xiownthisplacex
Frequent Contributor

@bs6054 wrote:

@xiownthisplacex wrote:

Citi Forward is better for Amazon, not sure how available it is as it disappeared from their site last few days.

I tend to use my Chase cards more than the others, just because I transfer all my points to the United miles.

@Jake0215 wrote:

I just got my 4th chase card, amazon. No problem getting approved. It had been 6 months since freedom though.

That's what I am afraid of, I think I will wait until 6 months have passed before apping.
Message 5 of 23
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

At worst they will ask you to move credit from another card. Since you just got the J.P. Morgan Select, most likely the system will decline because applications too close together (happened to me and many other people). It is an alright card if you do not like the Citi Forward's redemtion ways. I really do not use it anywhere but Amazon.com.

The points for this card are not Ultimate Rewards points and cannot be transferred anywhere. You can book travel with them, but cannot transfer them to hotel or frequent flyer programs.

@bs6054 wrote:

I notcied this the other day when I was going to apply. It is listed under student cards now, and the application asks if you are a student and you can click no. Maybe they are coming out with a new Visa Signature version, since many people reported they were upgraded to that.

Message 6 of 23
bs6054
Valued Contributor

I understand the preference for Chase.   It's just the reward structure:

Chase Amazon: 3 points for Amazon purchases and 2 points for some other things (restaurants, drug stores and something else!) whereas Forward gives 5 points on Amazon, other book stores and other entertainment stuff.

Also, can Amazon rewards from Chase be combined with the Freedom/CSP etc.  Not sure

Message 7 of 23
nickn86
Contributor

I wasn't aware that the Chase Amazon card participated in Ultimate Rewards.  I thought it was just Freedom/Sapphire/Ink? 

Chase Sapphire Preferred - 5.6k (3/13) | Amex Premier Rewards Gold - NPSL (1/13) | Chase United MileagePlus Explorer Visa Signature - 9k (1/13) | Amex Delta Gold - 6k (9/12) | Citi Forward Visa - 10k (10/12) | Discover It - 2k (2/12) | Chase +1 Visa - $300 (2/11)
Message 8 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

It doesn't. 

Only reason why Amazon is 5 TYPs is because Citi considers it a bookstore. I wonder when that will change soon Smiley Frustrated

Message 9 of 23
kc12286
Frequent Contributor

@xiownthisplacex wrote:

I have the Chase Amazon card and it's one of my primary cards. The only thing I don't like is they're stingy with CLIs and they jacked my APR rate up back when the program was new and have refused to lower it. I have no recollection of what I did.

I really like they're points system though. I've had the card since 2007, and I'm almost at 20k points. I'm just banking them until there's someting I really want. Also with their new AmazonLocal webpage, they were advertising that you would get 5pts for every dollar spent there.

In the Garden Club since: 07/05/2017

6/9/2008-TransUnion-703
6/9/2008-Equifax-712
6/9/2008 Experian-635

2/16/2011 Transunion - 675
3/11/2011 Equifax - 688
5/13/2011 Equifax - 704
5/28/2011 Equifax - 704
5/28/2011 Transunion - 724
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.