cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase App, Do they HP immediately even if its 7-10 day message etc?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase App, Do they HP immediately even if its 7-10 day message etc?

Im planning an App spree and a lot of people get a 7-10 or 30 day review message from CHASE.  Will they pull credit scores ASAP?  Or will it be within those time periods "30 day" at some point? 

I want to app for a few other cards within a few days of it, but dont want to app for Chase> app for others> chase sees new app's & approvals (wishful thinking) > denies Chase card

Any Advice/Experience?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase App, Do they HP immediately even if its 7-10 day message etc?

IME and from tons of reading it’s immediately. I’d wait until they render their first decision. If you are approved for the 1st card you can get your login and see if they have a prequal for the card you covet.

If you are declined I might re-evaluate that second app.
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please evaluate just how important the other applications are.

If Chase approves your application Chase will be doing periodic soft pulls.

If Chase does not like what it sees in those soft pulls, even if the application is initially approved, Chase still may close the account.

Potentially even before you receive the card.

Message 3 of 11
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Im planning an App spree and a lot of people get a 7-10 or 30 day review message from CHASE.  Will they pull credit scores ASAP?  Or will it be within those time periods "30 day" at some point? 

I want to app for a few other cards within a few days of it, but dont want to app for Chase> app for others> chase sees new app's & approvals (wishful thinking) > denies Chase card

Any Advice/Experience?

App spree and Chase in the same sentence should be followed by *LOL*

To answer your question, your CR will be pulled immediately, however, Chase frequently does a SP after approval 

I had SPs on EX and EQ  three weeks after approval. 

My personal belief is that app sprees are simply ill advised in general. 

Good luck

Message 4 of 11
NRB525
Super Contributor

App Sprees are a bad idea, they are so 2015.

All banks with any interesting cards are clamping down on this sort of activity, there are many more risks with sprees these days.

Take your time and really think through each app you want to do.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

will inq's for business cards flag them to close it post-approval as well or just new accounts poppin up?

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

If more than N inquiries appear rapidly Chase could become concerned.

Plot twist: we have no idea what N is.

There are 2 dimensions to hard pulls to consider: the incrementing of the number of hard pulls and also however many points the pull decrements your score.

Chase and Barclays are 2 conservative lenders that are easily frightened.

For many people in the U.S., Barclays is less of a concern.

However, If Chase closes you down, you lose access to many cobranded cards.

If someone is a long-time Amex account holder who has not hit maximum revolvers or maximum credit exposure, he or she can likely apply for a small business card with neither a hard pull nor a new account showing up on profile. I believe that I count 5 revolvers in your profile so you are likely maxed for Amex at the moment.

For small business accounts be sure to research whether that issuer reports to personal credit.

In the current environment I would be highly judicious when seeking new credit.

I am not saying never apply for new credit but I would avoid anything that could be called a spree.

Message 7 of 11
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@NRB525 wrote:

All banks with any interesting cards are clamping down on this sort of activity, there are many more risks with sprees these days.

This exactly. In this day and age it's much more important to plan your apps carefully and space them out.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

This exactly. In this day and age it's much more important to plan your apps carefully and space them out.

I think "spree" is the wrong verbiage.  I disappeared from here back in end of 2015/beginning 2016 lol.  Seems like as one mentioned its no longer a thing since about that time lol Smiley Sad 

Im ready to take on some new personal credit lines and want to ensure I dont mess up and get things closed.  BofA closed down a few cards after I just got CLI's because I opened new accounts and closed out some low level stuff.  

I plan to get a CSP/CSR and a CIP on the business end.  That would still (if approved) put me at only 2/24.  That way I can add another Ink Business card after 30days(?) and then add the PenFed to personal as Ive been meaning to since I joined them in 2014/2015 and havent yet.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

IME they're not too constricting about you doing app sprees if you have established history with them. I opened like 14 cards in 12 months including 3 chase cards but they never closed any of them. All they did was not approve my last app (Amazon visa), which would have been a 4th chase card. But before all of that I'd had a Chase card for 5 years.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.