Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Application Status and Capital One Application Status

tag
heathuhhhhwebbbb
New Contributor

Chase Application Status and Capital One Application Status

Does anyone know if the automated application status lines are upto date or correct?  Chase is saying my application is "under review", however I received a denial letter and sent them a "reconsideration" letter after 3 failed attempts with the backdoor number.  Capital One is also saying my application is "under review" and I received a denial letter from them as well, but spoke with the Executive Office and the representative told me she would see what the problem was.

So, my question is do the automated statuses always say under review, even if it is denied?

09/2013: TU FICO 692, EQ FICO 698, EX PLUS 709. No apps until December 2014!
Freedom: $1500 Cap1 Plat: $2000 Cap1 Cash: $1500 Barclays: $4000 Walmart: $2700 GE Luxury: $4800 Jared: $1500 Davids Bridal: $1500
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Application Status and Capital One Application Status

I have seen the chase automated system still say an application was being reviewed a month after denial when my friend apped last month.
Message 2 of 5
heathuhhhhwebbbb
New Contributor

Rawr!  That's so annoying!

09/2013: TU FICO 692, EQ FICO 698, EX PLUS 709. No apps until December 2014!
Freedom: $1500 Cap1 Plat: $2000 Cap1 Cash: $1500 Barclays: $4000 Walmart: $2700 GE Luxury: $4800 Jared: $1500 Davids Bridal: $1500
Message 3 of 5
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

The phone system is usually up to date in real time. If your application has been denied...it will usually tell you "We're sorry we can not approve you at this time." Or if it's been OKed, it'll be "Congratulations! Your credit card has been approved! Your available credit is 'blank blank'".

But they sent you denial letters. If you've reconed both, they are now in manual review so the system will not be updated until they have input the new data. Remember, it's a system that makes the decisions. If it's denied and you recon...someone is actually looking at your info in underwriting.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 4 of 5
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

+1

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.