Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase BP CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase BP CLI

I have read around the forum about Chase and their procedure for CLI.... On my SO's BP card I tried to request a LI online.. It was not an instant request but rather asking how much do you want it increased by, household income, etc... which looked like it would be a hard.  I've been checking TC since I did it (last week) and received a letter in the mail yesterday that were not able to approve the LI due to insufficient credit (whatever that means).  The letter goes on to say you have the right to know what was in your report yadda yadda that influenced this decision... Is this something that they can do based on an AR?  Or would it have to be a hard?  Because I'll be darned, the hard inquiry never showed up..
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase BP CLI

Be patient it will probably show up as a hard inquiry. It took a few days for the inquiry to show up for me too, but it did. I have the Chase BP, but the check was done by First USA Bank.

FIRST USA BANK
Show Details 11/26/07
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

call the number on the decline letter and ask for a recon. i was able to be a 300 cli to be able to upgrade to the bp visa (500 min cl to upgrade).

it was a hard for my cli, and seems chase is rare to auto cli and a request will always generate a hard.

good luck on the recon, let us know how it goes!
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah the auto cli's are not too good. I opened this card in 1998 with $50 (in college), and 10 years later I was only up to $875 without me asking for any CLI's. I just did ask this past november when I was getting all my CLI's on other cards, and have the inquiry to prove it. :-)
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Aw man I thought they mistakenly coded it as a soft lol. I'll brace him for the hard inquiry. Good idea about the recon.. oh and I just read my post up there and the denial was due to sufficient revolving credit. Sorry for the mistake. Thanks for all the posts guys!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.