Did you mean: 

Chase Bank, Closed my Credit Cards. Please read

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase Bank, Closed my Credit Cards. Please read

@ficoguy2013 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

I agree it is indeed very perplexing.  OTOH, any updates or information that Chase may have obtained (through various sources) may have raised some flags.  Chase is the kind of scorned "lover" that just takes off without notice - no explanation, no phone call, no letter.  Their backend fraud office & portfolio risk team is one of mystery to lots of folks since often times, it appears like they don't speak to each other, and when they do, not very many details are provided. 

Often times when a mess like this happens, one is left to pick up the pieces and wondering what caused the issue to begin with and whether it will reoccur again.

Indeed. 

No wonder my mother warned me not to apply with them. She had some 'problems' with them in the past when they bought BankOne.

IME, I've never had any issues with them, even through their predecessor companies (Chemical Bank, FirstUSA, FCNBD, WaMu, etc).  Just FYI, Chase did not buy Bank One.  It was a combined merger of both.

Message 41 of 62
ficoguy2013
Regular Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@ficoguy2013 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

I agree it is indeed very perplexing.  OTOH, any updates or information that Chase may have obtained (through various sources) may have raised some flags.  Chase is the kind of scorned "lover" that just takes off without notice - no explanation, no phone call, no letter.  Their backend fraud office & portfolio risk team is one of mystery to lots of folks since often times, it appears like they don't speak to each other, and when they do, not very many details are provided. 

Often times when a mess like this happens, one is left to pick up the pieces and wondering what caused the issue to begin with and whether it will reoccur again.

Indeed. 

No wonder my mother warned me not to apply with them. She had some 'problems' with them in the past when they bought BankOne.

IME, I've never had any issues with them, even through their predecessor companies (Chemical Bank, FirstUSA, FCNBD, WaMu, etc).  Just FYI, Chase did not buy Bank One.  It was a combined merger of both.

Close enough hahaha, 

learned something new today. 

Lines of Credit Navy FCU Cash Rewards Signature - $25k || Navy FCU LOC - $15k || Barclay's Apple Rewards - $5k || ECP Military Exchange - $4k || DCU Platinum Rewards - $2k || Discover IT - $750 || Capital One Quicksilver - $2.5k || USAA American Express - $5k || Target Redcard - $2.4k ||
Auto Loans:Toyota Financial $25,000 - 1.9% || USAA Auto $32,000 - 1.76% || DCU Auto $32,000 - 2.49% (dd discount .50%)

Utl @ 10% - Main Card: Navy FCU Cash Rewards
Message 42 of 62
Ron1
Super Contributor

Sorry what happened to you.  Barcalys did to me last year. They blocked my account when I paid the school tuition for my brother last year. I had to call them to clear the block. I had to answer some security question. They told me the account was too new. 

By the way, Chase( when they were Bank One) closed all my accounts without any reason many years ago. 

Ron.

Message 43 of 62
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I can see when a large purchase may cause a red flag and then they clear it up after verifying your id. This seems awfully drawn out to me.
The credit card services and banking are two separate divisions. It doesn't surprise me that your checking account is still open.
Message 44 of 62
ficoguy2013
Regular Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

Sorry what happened to you.  Barcalys did to me last year. They blocked my account when I paid the school tuition for my brother last year. I had to call them to clear the block. I had to answer some security question. They told me the account was too new. 

By the way, Chase( when they were Bank One) closed all my accounts without any reason many years ago. 

Ron.

So, Chase does it as a routine. For any reason, or they make up a reason. 

I am certain is not me, and I know I did my part to provide all information 110%. 

Well anyway, I would give this post an update after I get the 'call.'

Lines of Credit Navy FCU Cash Rewards Signature - $25k || Navy FCU LOC - $15k || Barclay's Apple Rewards - $5k || ECP Military Exchange - $4k || DCU Platinum Rewards - $2k || Discover IT - $750 || Capital One Quicksilver - $2.5k || USAA American Express - $5k || Target Redcard - $2.4k ||
Auto Loans:Toyota Financial $25,000 - 1.9% || USAA Auto $32,000 - 1.76% || DCU Auto $32,000 - 2.49% (dd discount .50%)

Message 45 of 62
ficoguy2013
Regular Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
I can see when a large purchase may cause a red flag and then they clear it up after verifying your id. This seems awfully drawn out to me.
The credit card services and banking are two separate divisions. It doesn't surprise me that your checking account is still open.

That might be so, but isn't the Risk Department all the same for all divisions? 

Anyway, Chase has given me the worst headache, and my mother telling me "I told you so. " Has completely drain me. 

I will be opening an account with Citi tomorrow, and give you an update. 

Message 46 of 62
Ron1
Super Contributor

@ficoguy2013 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

I am certain is not me, and I know I did my part to provide all information 110%. 

You need to call them before you make a big purchase especially the account is new.

Ron.

Message 47 of 62
ficoguy2013
Regular Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

@ficoguy2013 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

You need to call them before you make a big purchase especially the account is new.

Ron.

I see what you are trying to say, but it doesn't seem correct. 

If they thought it was a fraudulent transaction, instead of closing the account they should of blocked the card. 

Every time I call too, the automated system tells me that new cards are being issued to me????? 

Thank you guys for helping me to try to figure this out, even if Big Blue can't even tell me why. 

Message 48 of 62
red259
Super Contributor

Making payments to your account after each transaction with a card less than six months old will raise a flag with Chase. I have had Chase reps specifically tell me this. This coupled with the name issue and then a sudden large purchase may have all added up to Chase taking action. Not saying its fair but with new accounts Chase can be skittish.  

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 49 of 62
ficoguy2013
Regular Contributor

@red259 wrote:

Making payments to your account after each transaction with a card less than six months old will raise a flag with Chase. I have had Chase reps specifically tell me this. This coupled with the name issue and then a sudden large purchase may have all added up to Chase taking action. Not saying its fair but with new accounts Chase can be skittish.  

My Chase Credit Cards are restored!

Not only I got an apology from the Executive Offices, and also an apology from the person who closed my accounts. He admitted, "I should of have done more research." 

The main cause was my name change didn't match my public profile. They saw the electronic copy of the Decree of Name change, the one I gave to Chase previously when I had to change my name on my Checking and Savings.  I was doing everything else right. It was the lack of communication between departments and the consumer. 

^_^

Message 50 of 62
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.