Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Bank closing WaMu credit card accounts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Bank closing WaMu credit card accounts

Like thousands of others, I received the famous "WaMu Closure I" notice from Chase Bank notifying me that they closed my two WaMu credit cards for the same 3 ambigious reasons that they gave everyone else. I was NEVER late on a single payment, with them or anyone else. My balances were $260 with a $2000 limit at 9.99% interest on one card and $1,000 with a $2000 limit at 0.0% interest on the other card. I received NO notice until after the accounts were closed, which is ok I guess because I don't use the cards often, however, I WAS in the middle of refinancing my house for a lower interest rate and the closure resulted in significantly LOWERING my FICO score and putting the refinance on hold until I can straighten this mess up. I complained to Chase and got the same run around as everyone else: they blamed it on Experian (which I had the report in hand showing Experian reflected a flawless payment history), blamed on total amount of available credit (also false because my debt to income ratio is well within the currently tight housing refinance guidelines), and the ambigious term "new credit" also false because I have a credit history with Experian dating back to 1994. Chase also held my mortgage for a period of time (never a late payment) until they chose to sell me to a rip-off servicer in TX (American Home Mortgage Servicing, Inc) who has consistently screwed me by misapplying my escrow funds, thus increasing my house payment to make up for an escrow shortage. (I have had my annual taxes paid no less than 6 times in the past 8 months and they cannot seem to get this corrected...my opinion, they are waiting for me to default on the mortgage so they can get some more of those Obama funds)...anyway, I digress... The truth of the matter is Chase simply didn't make enough money off my accounts (low interest) and I wasn't considered valuable as a customer. I hope this bank folds like a tower of cards. I will never do business with them again.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Bank closing WaMu credit card accounts

the only reason wanted mamu is before  wamu they were mainly  on the east coast mostly the never credit card  want the credit card part
Message 2 of 3
sports1965
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase Bank closing WaMu credit card accounts

i have 6 chase credit cards 2 of them former wamu cards and none of them were closed.

they did raise the interest rates

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.