Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Bank

tag
ridgebackpilot
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Bank

I've been a Chase customer for years and now a Chase Private Client member. Even though I do lots of business with Chase, including checking, credit cards, JPMorgan retirement investments, and an auto loan, I've NEVER received a CLI or APR reduction from them! I did just get an APR reduction on my auto loan but only by submitting a refinance application and enduring a HP...

You would think that Chase would treat its best customers somewhat better. Heck, I have a much shallower relationship with AMEX and they treat me far better with soft-pull new cards and CLIs. Go figure! 

Message 11 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did double my CFU CL twice: one auto and one HP. As for the APR's though, I've had two different underwriters tell me "Chase does not do APR decreases." My CFU APR is the highest in the range, and my CF APR is the lowest in the range. Heh.

Message 12 of 26
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

My personal opinion , is though i know Chase can be good for many with the right profile, they are overrated and i dont like how they seem to have a holier than thou arrogance when it c9mes to credit cards. Maybe too strong of words but not only do they want you to abide 5/24 and seems like they only think you should have their cards but now all their cards, cobranded and all apparently are 5/24. Lolwut!?Smiley Wink. Sorry ,i truely understand trying to hold back churners or cc abusers but to me that just says our cards are exclusively for certain people. Nope, i can swipe just fine with sny other card without having to feel i need to walk on eggshells lol. Again, just my humble opinion . Where's @Anonymous? Smiley Wink
Message 13 of 26
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

If you need to carry a balance, don't do it at Chase.  Chase cards are about the rewards, not about low APRs.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 14 of 26
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Chase doesn't care about relationships unless you're a private client and have a lot of money with them.

Message 15 of 26
difringe
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I did double my CFU CL twice: one auto and one HP. As for the APR's though, I've had two different underwriters tell me "Chase does not do APR decreases." My CFU APR is the highest in the range, and my CF APR is the lowest in the range. Heh.

So from your signature, they approved you for $500, then doubled you twice?  I'm not particularly concerned about having to do a hard pull for CLIs, but it's crazy to look at your Discover having a $10+ CL and Chase seeming so stingy.

Message 16 of 26
difringe
Established Contributor

@ridgebackpilot wrote:

I've been a Chase customer for years and now a Chase Private Client member. Even though I do lots of business with Chase, including checking, credit cards, JPMorgan retirement investments, and an auto loan, I've NEVER received a CLI or APR reduction from them! I did just get an APR reduction on my auto loan but only by submitting a refinance application and enduring a HP...

You would think that Chase would treat its best customers somewhat better. Heck, I have a much shallower relationship with AMEX and they treat me far better with soft-pull new cards and CLIs. Go figure! 

Honestly, this makes me not even want to do anything with them other than the Amazon card. I think I'm going to open the checking account for the new account bonus, but I can't imagine doing all of that work with a bank and basically getting no perks, when there are so many banks to choose from.

Message 17 of 26
ridgebackpilot
Established Contributor

I suspect one reason Chase has never given me a CLI is that I've opened a number of cards with them, including two Ink Business Preferred cards. Chase counts the business cards (one of which has a $100K SL) as part of my total credit "exposure" with the bank. When I applied for the Amazon Prime VISA last year, I was initially denied because I had reached my exposure limit. I was able to get the card with a $10K SL upon recon, but it was pretty clear that despite my long and deep relationship with Chase, I've reached my current limit with them.

Message 18 of 26
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
My personal opinion , is though i know Chase can be good for many with the right profile, they are overrated and i dont like how they seem to have a holier than thou arrogance when it c9mes to credit cards. Maybe too strong of words but not only do they want you to abide 5/24 and seems like they only think you should have their cards but now all their cards, cobranded and all apparently are 5/24. Lolwut!?Smiley Wink. Sorry ,i truely understand trying to hold back churners or cc abusers but to me that just says our cards are exclusively for certain people. Nope, i can swipe just fine with sny other card without having to feel i need to walk on eggshells lol. Again, just my humble opinion . Where's @Anonymous? Smiley Wink

But, AJC  putting things in perspective outside of the forums, the vast majority of people do not go hogwild with applications or new accounts.  So  even though I have several CCs with Chase and may prevent me from getting any others due to the expanded 5/24 restriction, I can't say that I blame them.  But, I don't see it as a "holier than though" mentality.  It's really shareholders who drive a lot of these variables at the end of the day.  If it were a non-profit organization, then I could see how that argument could stand on one leg ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

It hasn't stopped people from applying with any of their products despite 5/24  😁

Message 19 of 26
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@ridgebackpilot wrote:

I believe these things are periodic portfolio reviews and adjustments that are done behind the scenes to an extent.  I'm CPC as well and a few years back they automatically lowered the APR on 2 previous legacy cards.  So, while not many posts are celebratory around these parts with regard to automatic APR reductions, they do happen

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.