Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Bank

tag
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Chase Bank

Hey guys - was driving around today and noticed a Chase bank being built across the street from my current BoA.

Then as I drove south to take care of a bunch of chores, I passed an already standing Chase bank, that had "Private Client" outside of it - so I wasn't sure it was a regular branch.

Well, sure enough it is.  My question is, should I leave BoA for it?  Being a veteran I get their Premium checking and Savings Accounts for free (Fee schedule requires at least a 15k daily balance, to avoid such fees - but for veterans, that min. bal. is waived).  Of course you get the standard free checks, free debit card, and first 4 withdraws from other banks will be free of Chase Fees (though I never withdraw cash and USAA credits back all of my withdrawl fees from both banks - so no real gain there.

My REAL question is, would it be smart move for this "Trifecta" that I use to see around here frequently? Though I have a few chase products in my wallet, I am an AU and will not be able to get one on my own Chase credit product until this repo falls off, despite my other cards and 700s FICO.

Thoughts?  Experiences w/ Chase?

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Bank

They need to build a Chase in my area. I have to drive to another city for Chase and I bank with them! Lol.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 2 of 12
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

They need to build a Chase in my area. I have to drive to another city for Chase and I bank with them! Lol.

That's saying a lot right there!

I'm supposed to meet with the "Private Client" banker tomorrow, to set this all up.  Something I forgot, but find cool is - I get a free safety deposit box as well (part of the veterans benefits).  It's a gimmick I'm sure, but I've been with BoA for well over 20 years and they've never offered me anything (not that they have to, but just to compare) - and I have somethings that I could lock in it instead of here in the house and know I won't have to fuss about them going anywhere. (jewerly, coins, paper currency)

Message 3 of 12
bribro
Valued Contributor

Opening a Chase checking account would give you a 10% annual bonus on all points earned on your Freedom card(s), and having a banking relationship (particularly if your balances are >$10k) helps with credit card recon. If you can open a Chase checking account and have the balances/activity to avoid paying any fees, I'd go for it.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 4 of 12
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@Repo-ed wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

That's saying a lot right there!

I'm supposed to meet with the "Private Client" banker tomorrow, to set this all up.  Something I forgot, but find cool is - I get a free safety deposit box as well (part of the veterans benefits).  It's a gimmick I'm sure, but I've been with BoA for well over 20 years and they've never offered me anything (not that they have to, but just to compare) - and I have somethings that I could lock in it instead of here in the house and know I won't have to fuss about them going anywhere. (jewerly, coins, paper currency)

Hey whoever offers the most perks...WINS! Smiley Very Happy

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 5 of 12
supervelous
Regular Contributor

I have banked with BOA, Chase, Citizens, Wachovia, Wells Fargo, and Chase is by far the best.  I got $100 bonuses for opening my checking accounts, on 2 separate accounts.  They have generous sign on bonuses on their credit cards, you get a bonus by also having checking with them on the Freedom card, I can deposit my checks via my smartphone (I think a lot of banks have this now, but I believe they were near the front of the pack introducing it).  AND they have a service I love called Chase Quickpay, where you can send payments to other peope's bank accounts for free, even those not with Chase.

I personally love Chase, but then again it all depends on if it's most convenient for you.  If there were no Chase Banks around me, I wouldn't bother.  I am in Fairfield County CT and there are tons of Chase branches and ATM's here and in NYC.

Message 6 of 12
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@supervelous wrote:

I have banked with BOA, Chase, Citizens, Wachovia, Wells Fargo, and Chase is by far the best.  I got $100 bonuses for opening my checking accounts, on 2 separate accounts.  They have generous sign on bonuses on their credit cards, you get a bonus by also having checking with them on the Freedom card, I can deposit my checks via my smartphone (I think a lot of banks have this now, but I believe they were near the front of the pack introducing it).  AND they have a service I love called Chase Quickpay, where you can send payments to other peope's bank accounts for free, even those not with Chase.

I personally love Chase, but then again it all depends on if it's most convenient for you.  If there were no Chase Banks around me, I wouldn't bother.  I am in Fairfield County CT and there are tons of Chase branches and ATM's here and in NYC.

Dang, I forgot that piece as well - yes, I'll get a $125 bonus if I set-up direct deposit.

I'm guessing I've talked myself into doing this.

I assume they'll SP me?

Message 7 of 12
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Yes, they will SP you. If you are interested in cc's they can tell you if you have offers.

I just added them to my list of financial institutions too. So far, I have no problems. Since I don't like paying for bank services, its a win win for me
Message 8 of 12
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@Repo-ed wrote:

@supervelous wrote:

Dang, I forgot that piece as well - yes, I'll get a $125 bonus if I set-up direct deposit.

I'm guessing I've talked myself into doing this.

I assume they'll SP me?

let me know, thinking about doing this as well for the trifecta. (and im willing too drive from massachusetts too nyc) 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 9 of 12
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Yes, they will SP you. If you are interested in cc's they can tell you if you have offers.

I just added them to my list of financial institutions too. So far, I have no problems. Since I don't like paying for bank services, its a win win for me

Fantastic!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.