cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CC Account Compromised?

tag
trevorgreene007

Chase CC Account Compromised?

Anyone else get a call from Chase in the last few days informing them of a potentital account compromise and requiring CC # changes?  I received one yesterday about my CSP and the rep cancelled my current card and overnighted me a new one.  Once the card was cancelled the corresponding account online completely cleared out (rep said balance and UR points would refresh with activation of my new card).  Woke up this morning to find my Freedom card had done the same thing.  

Also, when reading the generic disclosures and prompts I interjected and asked if this was an isolated issue.  Rep stated that accounts could be compromised in a number of ways but that in this particular situation I am not the only one.  

Anyone else in the same boat or have dealt with this before? 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
shanac
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase CC Account Compromised?

I wonder if that's why I couldn't access my CSP or Freedom accounts this morning. I called and they chalked it up to maintenance yet I didn't see a message on the page referencing a scheduled maintenance for today.

iPhone. iTypos. iApologize

Current Score: EQ FICO 764 TU FICO 776 EX FICO 753
Goal Score: 800
Message 2 of 11
hutchj
Frequent Contributor

I haven't heard anything from Chase. Could this be a region issue? I know I live in MO and our local grocery store's CC info was compromised. So BoA sent everyone out new debit/credit cards in that area just to be sure because the culprits haven't been using the info right away. It's been a right nightmare (I work in a bank) to deal with.

AMEX BCE: 5k; Barclay Apple: 2.5k; BoA CB: 3k; BoA BBR 4.2k; BoA Travel: 8k; Chase Sapphire: 5k; Chase Freedom: 6k; Citi Diamond: 3k; Discover IT: 9k

June 2013 FICOs: TU: 763; EX: 754; EQ: 764 (was 747 9/2012). Last app 2/20/2014 Garden until 3/2015
Message 3 of 11
zeusta20
Established Contributor

I've recently experienced this too! One day, I get a call from Chase's fraud department wanting to verify some transaction. Come to find out, my info was compromised. Someone tried to use it at a Best Buy for $500.00 something odd dollars. They closed it out and sent me a new one. About a week and a half later, I get ANOTHER call from chase saying my DEBIT card was compromised. Kind of scares me that somehow my info is getting out there through chase.

I too, work at a bank, and I see this happen to my customers from time to time. But I've never thought I'd have to deal with it....such a headache.

Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa Sig-15k
Chase Sapphire Reserve Visa Infinite-10k
Chase Freedom-4k
1st Financial Bank USA-11.4k
USAA Amex-7.5k
USAA Visa Sig-7k
Citi Thank you Preferred-4.8k
Citi Diamond-2k
Amex Gold-NPSL

FICO8-11/2017
EX: 737
EQ: 722
TU: 735
Message 4 of 11
hutchj
Frequent Contributor

@zeusta20 wrote:

I've recently experienced this too! One day, I get a call from Chase's fraud department wanting to verify some transaction. Come to find out, my info was compromised. Someone tried to use it at a Best Buy for $500.00 something odd dollars. They closed it out and sent me a new one. About a week and a half later, I get ANOTHER call from chase saying my DEBIT card was compromised. Kind of scares me that somehow my info is getting out there through chase.

I too, work at a bank, and I see this happen to my customers from time to time. But I've never thought I'd have to deal with it....such a headache.

We're still getting customers dealing with the fall out of that grocery's store system being hacked. It showed me that it's always better to use a CC instead of a debit card for purchases b/c I'd rather not have my actual money tied up.

AMEX BCE: 5k; Barclay Apple: 2.5k; BoA CB: 3k; BoA BBR 4.2k; BoA Travel: 8k; Chase Sapphire: 5k; Chase Freedom: 6k; Citi Diamond: 3k; Discover IT: 9k

June 2013 FICOs: TU: 763; EX: 754; EQ: 764 (was 747 9/2012). Last app 2/20/2014 Garden until 3/2015
Message 5 of 11
Rain77
Frequent Contributor

I got the calls for Chase on 7/2 but for my debit card. I was told a 3rd party notified them that my account may have been accessed without my authorization. 

Last HP 8/29/14

Message 6 of 11
trevorgreene007

It could be a regional incident like a previous poster suggested.  Seems like Chase is pretty on top of it all, although that didn't keep my heart from sinking to my feet when I got the call.  I thought for sure that someone had went on a shopping spree!  

It was also odd that the rep I spoke with asked me multiple times if I was going to be inconvenienced in any way without having my credit card for the weekend.  I said no because, honestly, I had no purchases planned for the weekend.  Part of me wishes I would have played it up a bit just to see if they were authorized to provide some sort of 'compensation' for the trouble.  'Compensation' being a statement credit, UR points, I have no idea. Anyone ever had this happen when they were forced to get new cards?

Message 7 of 11
HYPASS33
Frequent Contributor

I haven't had this happen yet and I'm in SC. I get alerts when a purchase is made. I got gas today and before I could get back in my car I had the alert on my phone. They are quick!! lol Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 11
hutchj
Frequent Contributor

@HYPASS33 wrote:
I haven't had this happen yet and I'm in SC. I get alerts when a purchase is made. I got gas today and before I could get back in my car I had the alert on my phone. They are quick!! lol Smiley Happy

They are. I was purchasing plane tickets on my Freedom, and before the browser could finish loading my phone had already buzzed from an email and a push alert from my Chase app.

Message 9 of 11
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

No issues with my Chase cards or my wife's (crossing fingers).

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.